XBMC Win: MCE remote keys not properly working
Hi all,

I know there are other topics discussing XBMC vs MCE Remote problems but I failed to address this:

I set up the following config:
- win XP pro Sp3
- XBMC win 9.0.4
- IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.3064

Well, the remote is working but some keys (i.e. play, pause, ffw, rew, skipplus, skipmin) don't.

The figures concerning the Play button:

- IRSS is set up accordingly to the post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36936
- IRRS advanced is configured to use Abstract Model (tried even uncheking it but nothing changed)
- in keymap.xml is configured <play>Queue</play> (same behaviour leaving the origina Play action)
- using IRSS Debug Client I can see the following "Abstract(play)" when I press the Play key on the remote
- in XBMC.log there's the following line:

INFO: IRServerSuite, RemoteEvent: Abstract Play

- nothing happens in XBMC

the differences when using a working key are the following:
- IRSS debug client: Abstract(Up)
- XBMC.log:
INFO: IRServerSuite, RemoteEvent: Abstract Up
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 273, unicode: 0, modifier: 0

Some considerations (maybe relevant, maybe not):
- the working keys seem to be those working either in Windows itself
- it seems that XBMC gets Play command from IRSS but fails to fire the proper action

I'm missing something?

Enjoy
tarkun Wrote:Hi all,

I know there are other topics discussing XBMC vs MCE Remote problems but I failed to address this:

I set up the following config:
- win XP pro Sp3
- XBMC win 9.0.4
- IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.3064

Well, the remote is working but some keys (i.e. play, pause, ffw, rew, skipplus, skipmin) don't.

The figures concerning the Play button:

- IRSS is set up accordingly to the post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36936
- IRRS advanced is configured to use Abstract Model (tried even uncheking it but nothing changed)
- in keymap.xml is configured <play>Queue</play> (same behaviour leaving the origina Play action)
- using IRSS Debug Client I can see the following "Abstract(play)" when I press the Play key on the remote
- in XBMC.log there's the following line:

INFO: IRServerSuite, RemoteEvent: Abstract Play

- nothing happens in XBMC

the differences when using a working key are the following:
- IRSS debug client: Abstract(Up)
- XBMC.log:
INFO: IRServerSuite, RemoteEvent: Abstract Up
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 273, unicode: 0, modifier: 0

Some considerations (maybe relevant, maybe not):
- the working keys seem to be those working either in Windows itself
- it seems that XBMC gets Play command from IRSS but fails to fire the proper action

I'm missing something?

Enjoy

Have you tried using the IRSS debug client for working keys and make sure the syntax is correct? This is one reason i choose harmony remotes over all others..
Apart from initial capital letter, the syntax is correct among the definition in IRSSmap.xml, keymap.xml and XBMC.log, for both working and non working keys.

More to say, I've checked the IRRSmap.xml configuration by disabling Abstract Codes in IRSS and the mapping (code, label) is correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Win: MCE remote keys not properly working0