9.11Beta1: No auto thumbnails generated
I've fixed the issue for me by adding the following method to Network.cpp:

Code:
bool CNetwork::HasInterfaceForIP(unsigned long address)
{
   unsigned long subnet;
   unsigned long local;
   vector<CNetworkInterface*>& ifaces = GetInterfaceList();
   vector<CNetworkInterface*>::const_iterator iter = ifaces.begin();
   while (iter != ifaces.end())
   {
      CNetworkInterface* iface = *iter;
      if (iface && iface->IsConnected())
      {
         subnet = ntohl(inet_addr(iface->GetCurrentNetmask()));
         local = ntohl(inet_addr(iface->GetCurrentIPAddress()));
         if( (address & subnet) == (local & subnet) )
            return true;
      }
      ++iter;
   }

return false;
}

And in Util.cpp in IsOnLAN() I changed the last check of the address to:
Code:
// check if we are on the local subnet
   if (!g_application.getNetwork().GetFirstConnectedInterface())
      return false;
   if (g_application.getNetwork().HasInterfaceForIP(address))
      return true;

Then the thumbnails will successfully show up in files mode. The other issue in library mode that occurs since the thumbnail method is called with the videodb:// url still remains.
Best would be when you would open two tickets for the reported issues and post a diff there. But I would like to keep the changes in NetworkWin32 rather than expand it for every port. Additional I think it would be better to fix IsConnected() rather than introducing a work around.
What do you think?

Edit:
The more I think about this the more your solution sounds plausible for me. Anyway please open a ticket I'll would like to discuss it with the other devs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Best would be when you would open two tickets for the reported issues and post a diff there. But I would like to keep the changes in NetworkWin32 rather than expand it for every port. Additional I think it would be better to fix IsConnected() rather than introducing a work around.
What do you think?

Edit:
The more I think about this the more your solution sounds plausible for me. Anyway please open a ticket I'll would like to discuss it with the other devs.

Yeah, I first thought about adding it into IsOnLAN() using GetInterfaceList() and then doing the iteration there. But when I saw GetFirstConnectedInterface() which is very similar I decided to move the function to Network.cpp.

I've opened a ticket with the patch for the interfaces issue and another one for the thumbnail issue in library mode.
Good to see svn 25307 and later correct this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
9.11Beta1: No auto thumbnails generated0