[Moved] Need Help Please
i installed an older version of XBMC on a revo 1600 and come to find out there was a newer version of it out. so i made a bootable thumb drive to overwrite the other one because the HDMI doesnt work. when i put the thumb drive in it boots from that without any install and it comes up and i can use it and the HDMI works. once i unplug it the older version boots and stops after the logo screen
when trying to install it the following comes up
ubuntu 9.10 kernel 2.6.31-16-generic
ubuntu 9.10 kernel 2.6.31-16-generic (recovery mode)
under it there are commands to either 'e' to edit or 'c' for a command line
what do i need to do to install this...it runs fine from the thumb drive but it will not install on my revo
any help in this matter would be nice
thank you
bump
or is there a way to restore windows xp back on the computer
need help please
Posting in the correct subforum and use a decsriptive subject would not harm.
Let's see what happens here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Little bit more info on what your exact problem is, that menu is the grub menu and should timeout after a few seconds and boot into xbmc.
i am new to all this...
thanks for moving it to the area
the problem is this
when i try to overwrite the older version it doesnt prompt me to install on hard drive...it only comes up with those two options
how do i install the newer version over the other one or can i restore my revo 1600 to xp and run a fresh install with camelot
thanks
i also tried wintoflash program so i could try to restore windows but it doesnt load windows xp...i am grasping at staws at the moment
First of, make sure you have the most recent iso - grab it fromhere

Burn it to cd or use something like unetbootin to make a bootable usb stick. Make sure your set to boot from usb devices first. Follow install procedure.

If you have problems, be specific about what you have done, where it is failing and the exact problem you are having.
Thumbs Up 
that did the trick...thank you so much...i was going crazy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Moved] Need Help Please0