Hi,

before getting into detail, here are the specs of the machine running
XBMC Camelot "final" live install:

AMD X2 6000+ @ 3100 Mhz
GForce 9500GT
2GB RAM

My xorg.conf:

http://pastebin.com/m3efd6d18

Debug log of playing a file with very obvious judder (Planet Earth S01E02.m2ts):

http://pastebin.com/da5116da

Adjust display refresh rate to match video is checked.
Sync playback to display is checked.
A/V sync method is set to audio clock

Without the last 2 settings, the judder is considerably worse.

It doesn't matter if the file is played from the local harddrive or a samba share.
As far as I can tell, the judder always occurs at same scenes in the
clip.

What I see during playback is that during smooth periods, fps is constantly
around 24. Right after a judder, fps drops to a value of around 23 or in rare
cases goes up to a value of about 25.

I have been trying to fix this with the help of various posts here in the forum
to no avail.

It would be great to resolve these issues, XBMC is great but at the moment watching
HD material is really not that enjoyable for me.

Thanks,

Matthias.
Try these settings and see how they work for you. Apart from a few movies with broken timestamps (according to bobo1on1) this is the optimal for me. Everything plays very smooth:

I've set my system to 1920x1080@50 Hz resolution. Thus my TV will enable it's 100Hz mode. 60Hz might work for you..Try it out.

vertical blank sync = always enabled

sync playback to display using resample audio method
Thanks for your answer.

cejstrup Wrote:Try these settings and see how they work for you. Apart from a few movies with broken timestamps (according to bobo1on1) this is the optimal for me. Everything plays very smooth:

Are broken timestamps to be expected with files copied untouched from a
blu ray disk ?

Quote:I've set my system to 1920x1080@50 Hz resolution. Thus my TV will enable it's 100Hz mode. 60Hz might work for you..Try it out.

vertical blank sync = always enabled

sync playback to display using resample audio method

Just tried these settings and I don't really see a difference. The judder occurs mostly during panning or right after complete scene switches.

Matthias.
According to that log, that's probably a broken file.
bobo1on1 Wrote:According to that log, that's probably a broken file.

Thanks for your answer. I'll compare this file to the original one from the
bd a post the results here.
Ok, kinda what I expected. The file from the bd is reported to be identical to the one I fed to XBMC.
Looks like a dead end to me unless the decryption is flawed, which I doubt. Is there a tool I can use
to verify the integrity of a m2ts file ?

Regards,

Matthias.
Wonko, are you seeing judder only on the most recent iterations of XBMC? I'm curious, because i started seeing the same thing in recent builds (camelot/beta/rc etc). I haven't tried the latest SVN, or switching away from 60hz--but plan to later today.

I have severe judder, and normally do not see it. Could be the display is hyper-sensitive to the pulldown vs original framerate as well.
jayhawk785 Wrote:Wonko, are you seeing judder only on the most recent iterations of XBMC? I'm curious, because i started seeing the same thing in recent builds (camelot/beta/rc etc). I haven't tried the latest SVN, or switching away from 60hz--but plan to later today.

I have severe judder, and normally do not see it. Could be the display is hyper-sensitive to the pulldown vs original framerate as well.

The first version of XBMC for Linux I tried was Camelot Beta 1 afair, so I can't really comment on that. Still curious about the input file being corrupt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just another 24p judder thread0