Put XBMC's game loop to sleep
I'm using XBMC in conjunction with a few other media programs on my HTPCs. I switch between the programs using event ghost to minimize X and maximize Y. The problem I'm having is that when i switch away from XBMC and call up another program, XBMC is still cranking away in the background, consuming 50% of my CPU power. This makes the other programs perform poorly (I only have Atom 330, so not much wiggle room)

I'm wondering if there is any way to force XBMC to "sleep" when it loses focus.
I've tried actually suspending and resuming the XBMC.exe process, but had mixed results with some crashes.

Thanks for any guidance!

I should also mention that i've already read up on the enable/disable vsync techniques and screen saver-blank techniques, but I'd like a way to just suspend XBMC while it's in the background.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
make XBMC minimize instead of just loosing its focus. On minimize XBMC won't render anymore.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Duh! Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Minimizing did do the trick, as long as I do a Stop command before minimizing. If i just pause a video in progress, the loop still runs at full power.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Put XBMC's game loop to sleep0