libcdio10 (0.81-4) workarround lucid lynx
Hello folks,

I have a workarround for all using xbmc with lucid.
Since the libcdio7 is not in the repository for lucid anymore there are problems with xbmc.

If you insert a cd it is not recognized in xbmc, pressing play just shows the message: xbmc has not found a disc.
And you can't play it.

Adding media source cdda://local/cdda also not working, cause xbmc does not seem to recognize, that libcdio is there to ask for and you get an unknown path error.

So here how to work arround:

Go to music and add a source and enter as path:

/home/%username%/.gvfs

and name it CD or something you like to.

Now, when you insert a CD you can Browse there using source "CD", there a folder will appear: CDDA-Medium in sr0
Here you find all Tracks of the CD an you can play it.
The only thing is, you can't rip this disc, since it is not recognized as cdda (it appears as folder).
But for ripping there are good other work arrounds like using K3b e.g.

Using DVD is even as easy as this, just go to video and add source.
Add /media and name it as you want.
You'll now be able to browse this folder and find there the video-ts folder, which you can play.

Hope this helps out until a fix is coming out with next version (don't know if it is fixed in svn cause I just use finals).
Is there a trac on the issue with lucid's libcdio?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:Is there a trac on the issue with lucid's libcdio?

i had also this problem for about an half year (not with ubuntu), i dont know if the bug still exist, because i am use libcdio-0.80 (the last working version). here are some tickets:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8097
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8026
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8715

and tons other duplicates.
greetings, Stephan

Ah okey, it applies to old release. If it's still an issue with svn, then we can look at it. but See little point in focusing on this this close to a new release.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Works fine with svn 30442 under Lucid.
courthjester Wrote:Works fine with svn 30442 under Lucid.

Do you mean the workaround, the old libcdio (ver 0.80 instead of 0.81) or a new version of XBMC? This libcdio problem has been bugging lots of peaople for quite some time now... Any chance of a solution any time soon?
I did a fresh install of lucid and xbmc:ppa build on Saturday and having the DVD issue as well.
Any idea if this issue has a fix? I've been looking for a solution but non allow dvd playback for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libcdio10 (0.81-4) workarround lucid lynx0