What does XBMC use to gather actor data?
Because, I upload a lot of actor images to TMDb, and the actor images on my XBMC are definitely not from there. My Ben Stiller one is so low quality it makes me cry.
I believe they are pulled from IMDB, though this can be changed by using a .nfo file with the movie information in it. I also think your issue may be due to how XBMC selects the actor image if there are more than one. Caching also plays a big role, if XBMC pulled the actor image of say Ben Stiller before you uploaded your better version then it will continue to use the low quality cached one until the cached image is removed.

I don't know enough about the cache to suggest how to pinpoint the Ben Stiller image and delete it, in hopes it might be re-scraped. Any team member care to shed light on this?
They're most likely cached, right. The themoviedb.org scraper does not fetch stuff from imdb.com. Only addition to the scraper are trailers via dtrailers.com.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What does XBMC use to gather actor data?0