2 computers
hi, presently i'm using my pc for xbmc, but i am also going to be getting another pc soon, what i'd like to know is, once i have tthe other computer and its set up with xbmc, i'll be able to connect to the main computer and watch movies of that machine onto the new machine, via upnp.

BUT...would the xbmc on the 2nd computer see all the movies on the first computer, and then scrape all the posters, fanart?

I've tried months ago, but had no success, i had to go to videos>files to watch them, a poster would be really cool!

Thanks for the help on this one!
You much better off sharing the folders your using on the main pc then when you add source in XBMC on the new pc choose browse and select "Windows Network (SMB)" then its the same as setting up with local drives
I use Win7 now (but worked the same on XP and Vista) - I run 4 PC's in our home, each of the 4 PC's have media stored on their various hard drives, and each folder that contains media content is designated as shared on the network.

XBMC is installed on the two PC's that are used as media centres, all media stored on the various PC's around the house are available for use by XBMC. In the add source option I simply selected the SMB Windows option and browsed for my shared folders that contained my media. Set up the content and that was it.

Not difficult to do if I could manage it. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 computers0