video stuttering
I do apologize if this was asked before...

I have same issue with the last several nightly builds... everything was fine with the previous builds from April before big merge...

I'm using windows win7 32bit pro.

E2160 @ 3Ghz
8800GT 512mb card (I've tried few different versions without any results).
2gb of RAM
watching 720p (h.264) mkv over hardwired 100mb network. (smb from another win7 file server)

What happens is that every 20 - 30 minutes there is 10-30 seconds video goes to 15-20FPS (stutters, like a slow-mo) and eventually it comes back to normal speed It is no biggy, just annoying... I've tried different settings like audio sync and others.... I've tried MPC-HC with DXVA and everything is fine. Like I said everything was fine when using previous XBMC windows releases (nightly builds), I believe they were non-DXVA2 builts....

Perhaps it is network related? network congestion or something?

Otherwise I have no complaints Wink

TIA
Do a debug log - during these periods there's likely something that'll get logged.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'll do that.

thx Smile
On the SMB shared system do you have any power profiles set up? In other words is your hard drive or system trying to put it self to sleep every 20-30 mins. I can not but wonder if that is what is causing that regular event you described.
R_N_B Wrote:On the SMB shared system do you have any power profiles set up? In other words is your hard drive or system trying to put it self to sleep every 20-30 mins. I can not but wonder if that is what is causing that regular event you described.

Thanks for your feedback.

On the file server all hdds have idling/sleeping features off. I'll double check though. To be honest I haven't use my HTPC w/XBMC a lot recently and when I did I haven't seen the problem. Go figure Rolleyes

Also if and when I notice the problem again I'll provide logs as it was recommend.
Im having the exact same problem with this actually, using Win7 64bit and the nightly release from 13-July

Here´s the log, i had a quick look at it myself, and there´s quite a number of errors.

http://pastebin.org/397660

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video stuttering0