adult movies.
I have several questions.

1. Is there a way to set the adult films in a separate section apart from all the rest of the movies and that this adult section has password. btw without creating user profiles.

2. when the new stable release of XBMC is released is the install as simple as overwriting the already installed XBMC? or is there a uninstall process and everything(art,thumbs,custom backdrops) is lost?

3. I did not choose portable install because i didnt know what it really was. but is portable version mean i can install XBMC on my USB hard drive and everything(settings ect..) will be in that drive and XBMC will run on any computer I plug that drive to without any further configuration needed on the host computer?

4. If question number 3 is correct. what if i got GAMES on one computer and games on the other computer is it possible that XBMC know on what host computer it is pluged into and configure itself for the game directory of each? or would games in a portable install have to be on the same directory as XBMC?

5. if question number 3 is correct. How does XBMC deal with library directory when the usb hard drive in one computer has the letter (E) assigned and the letter (G) on another computer? wouldnt XBMC not find the directory folder because the drive letter has changed?

thanks for your answers.
1. hrm.. kinda, don't add the adult movies to your library, I have 100 gigs of disney movies I do not have in my "MOVIES" section they have to be accessed via the "VIDEOS" section

2.I dunno I have not come to that bridge yet

3. I don't think so.
you can't take to another computer because all your directories would be different.

-=Jason=-
I just stumbled across this thread today. I'm gonna try to use it to set up 2 items on my home screen: HD Movies and Adult. Sounds like this may solve your problem too. I'm not at my home pc, so haven't gotten to test it out yet...

Please post any results here.

NS
Flomaster Wrote:I have 100 gigs of disney movies I do not have in my "MOVIES" section they have to be accessed via the "VIDEOS" section

The big limitation of this is no cross-referencing of actors, and no searching by genre. These features are awesome for adult film libraries.

NS
As far as I know there are 2 excellent ways of doing this.

1. User Profiles (yes, I know you said you didn't like that method but it really is the best way to keep 2 separate video databases)
2. Create a movie set with your adult content. It won't show up in the full list of movies, but will be accessable via the set (and if you call the set "Adult" it should be near the top of your video listing)

The only downside to sets is that its kind of a hacky database thing right now and there is no way in the interface to define/add/remove sets from the XBMC interface. You can easily do it through a thrid party software like EMM, or alternatively create the XML yourself.

Blacklist

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adult movies.0