Keyboard shortcut to Favorite
I have created a couple of favorites within XBMC. I would like to associated them with a keyboard key so I can launch them directly.

Is the best approach to doing this to edit the keyboard.xml file?
If you look in favourites.xml you'll find the lines corresponding to the two Favourites entries you want. You need to map a key along the lines of:

<a mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.mceremote/")</a>

where the number and text come from the entry in favourites.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml for info on defining the key mappings.

JR
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
ijourneaux Wrote:Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Were you able to get this to work. I have couple of favourites too and some of them do not have Activatewindow option and i am not able to get any of them working. If you could share me your settings i will expand on it.

thanks
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2011-07-10, 20:34)hunkyn Wrote: Were you able to get this to work. I have couple of favourites too and some of them do not have Activatewindow option and i am not able to get any of them working. If you could share me your settings i will expand on it.

thanks

Just figured out my favorites.xml , can you please post few items in your favourites. You have the playmedia option in the Favoutires.xml ?
I tried favourites with and without the activatewindow option and all I get is : No PVR clients have been started yet. Wait for the....... then it disappears
(2013-03-17, 04:39)pan2 Wrote: I tried favourites with and without the activatewindow option and all I get is : No PVR clients have been started yet. Wait for the....... then it disappears
  • Does the favourite work when launched from the Favourites menu rather than your keyboard shortcut?
  • How did you create the favourite, via the context menu for an item or manually by editing the favourites.xml file? You should use the former whenever possible to ensure the correct syntax.
  • ActivateWindow() is only used where you need to open a particular window
Yes, favourites work from favourites menu

I created the favourites by using my mouse -right click-add to favourites

Here is my favourites xml:
<favourites>
<favourite name="Music Video">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;nfs://192.168.1.100/c/media/Music Video/&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="Global Search" thumb="C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.globalsearch\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.globalsearch&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="TvTunes" thumb="C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.tvtunes&quot;)</favourite>
<favourite name="Local Stations">ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/stations/local/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

Here is my keyboard xml (when attempting to access the radio favourite:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<g mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/stations/local/&quot;)</g>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

And here is the place they are both residing:
C:\Users\Pan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
(2013-03-17, 07:06)pan2 Wrote: And here is the place they are both residing:
C:\Users\Pan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

While that is the right location for your favourites.xml, your keyboard.xml needs to go here:
C:\Users\Pan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml
brilliant! thanks mate, works perfectly now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard shortcut to Favorite0