Best nvidia ion system for XBMC on Windows?
Hi guys

I have tried various versions of xbmc, I like xbmc live, but find it very hard to configure if you have extra hard drives, windows 7 is so easy by comparison, what is the best case with ion you would suggest. Reading the forums, shuttle xs 35gt, is goodi but i want fast op in the menu system as well as playback so what would people suggest, for a good ion system

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:Hi guys

I have tried various versions of xbmc, I like xbmc live, but find it very hard to configure if you have extra hard drives, windows 7 is so easy by comparison, what is the best case with ion you would suggest. Reading the forums, shuttle xs 35gt, is goodi but i want fast op in the menu system as well as playback so what would people suggest, for a good ion system

Paul
I use windows 7 32bit with an Asrock Ion 330HT with 2gb ram 640gb internal hard drives,
And i have it overclocked to 2.1ghz from the bios and all runs well. and it plays everything i throw at it
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
A Revo 3610 with Win7 works well here.

JR
Like my ASUS S1-Series S1-AT5NM1 with windows 7. Still have to try mce remote with the build in IR. In the future would like to use xbmc live for fast and easy use.
Just make sure you get the right memory.
I've got the XS35GT, and yes it can be a little sluggish in some parts of XBMC. Mainly graphic-intensive Wall Views / tiling. It depends what skin you're using and what viewing mode.
Though on the other side of the coin, most skins are still in development and unoptimized, and also the video card drivers for the XS35GT have not been updated for 6 months, so a driver update (when available) may help as well.

The advantage of the Shuttle is that it's fanless and it's small.
All sounds good I do like the shuttle xs35gt but menu slowdown would annoy me, my skin of choice is Transparency, i do like the as rock ion 330 but it has a fan, what are your thoughts is it noisy or should I go withbthe shuttle xs35 gt

Paul
All ION systems do better interface-wise with a SSD OS drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best nvidia ion system for XBMC on Windows?0