TV Shows library disappeared
I apologize in advance for my noobiness...

I've been running XBMC for a couple of months now, and I've followed Lifehacker's guide to set up a MySQL db on a server so that I can share my library information across multiple machines. I have 3 Win7 machines connected, and everything was perfect until the other day.

When I started up XBMC, I noticed that my "TV Shows" link from the home page was missing. I turned off library mode, and saw that I still had the folder listed, and I could browse to the files without a problem. But when I went to "set content," the scraper was set to none for the TV folder. I turned it back on, and it started to scan the directory and update the library. So after a little bit, everything was repopulated, but I had lost all of my watched flags.

This morning I booted up my XBMC again, and wouldn't you know, same exact thing. I queried the MySQL db, and saw that the tvshows table was completely empty. So something is wiping out my entire TV Show library. Any advice y'all could share would be great. Thanks!
Check your other PCs to make sure one of them isn't cleaning the library. If one of the other PCs can't see the location wghere the TV shows are it might be removing them from the library.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Check your other PCs to make sure one of them isn't cleaning the library. If one of the other PCs can't see the location wghere the TV shows are it might be removing them from the library.

JR

Ok, followup dumb question. I have WHS setup, which is running the MySQL db for my XBMC install. On the 3 "client" machines, should I add the same sources on all of them, or only the one that I typically use to add items to the library? IE, do all 3 machines need to be set up to use the same smb shares as sources?
Erm, ah, OK I'm not sure. The safe option would be to make sure that all three have the same sources.xml file.

JR
Have you fiond the problem ? My TV Library also completly disappeared... If I update the library, nothing happen. Movies library's fine...

Thanks!
JuliusCeasar Wrote:My TV Library also completly disappeared... If I update the library, nothing happen. Movies library's fine...
I too am running a MySQL database for my video library, and my entire TV show library disappeared about an hour ago! It happened after I ran 'Clean Library' from XBMC; after the cleaning completed I could no longer see any shows or episodes in library mode, though movies worked just fine.

I checked the database and it was still populated, so I went to the XBMC log file, where I found the following:
Code:
20:01:43 T:5392 M:1548005376   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1194)
                                            Query: SELECT tvshow.*,path.strPath AS strPath,counts.totalcount AS totalCount,counts.watchedcount AS watchedCount,counts.totalcount=counts.watchedcount AS watched FROM tvshow JOIN tvshowlinkpath ON tvshow.idShow=tvshowlinkpath.idShow JOIN path ON path.idpath=tvshowlinkpath.idPath LEFT OUTER join (    SELECT tvshow.idShow AS idShow,count(1) AS totalcount,count(files.playCount) AS watchedcount FROM tvshow     JOIN tvshowlinkepisode ON tvshow.idShow=tvshowlinkepisode.idShow     JOIN episode ON episode.idEpisode=tvshowlinkepisode.idEpisode     JOIN files ON files.idFile=episode.idFile     GROUP BY tvshow.idShow) counts ON tvshow.idShow=counts.idShow
20:01:43 T:5392 M:1548001280   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowsByWhere failed
I then knew it was a database error (which I had already assumed). I copied and pasted and ran the query in phpmyadmin to get a more verbose error than 'Undefined MySQL error' and it told me:
"MySQL error 1194: Table 'files' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"

From phpmyadmin I ran: CHECK TABLE files
and it told me that the table was indeed corrupted.
So then I ran: REPAIR TABLE files
and it told me the repair completed successfully. It took less than a second.

After that, the TV library began working flawlessly. I hope this information helps someone. The lesson I learned is to always check your log file!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows library disappeared0