[AppleTV2] add TV Series to DB without Season Dir?
Hi,

i love the way i the TV eps are shown in DB mode. However it only picks up my Eps that are archived in <tvshowname>/Season#/<tvshowdir>

Eps for current Season are all in ONE Dir (no Season# Dir created yet)
Ive read the docs on Advancedsettings.xml but i dont really get it sorry.
So my question is, does anyone have had the same problem i have and may post his solution if he got one ?

That would be totally great :-)

thx alot!
I suggest tweaking this on a standard machine (win, linux or osx) 1st and figure out all of this in other various sections of the forums before tackling it on the ATV2. The stable builds are less of a moving target.
From there, you could just setup remote library w/ mysql and then share the same library to all platforms easier as well.

XBMC is really flexible, but when advancedsettings.xml it's sometimes a fair amount of trial and error.
My solution was to create a Season directory =P I found it easier then messing around with xml files. I also did as keith suggested: installed xbmc on my laptop and scrapped everything there to make sure that the names were ok. After that, I rescraped with the Apple TV (I didn't do that remote thing)
hmm ok, isnt the 10.1 windows version messup the mysql db for the 10.0 atv2 version ?

i made mistake the scraper doesnt care about season dirs, it does create the season info just fine for the series V 2009, but others like house, chicago code dont get picked up, even trying manually on the episode dir it asks me to input the tvshow name manually. I get different results from other dirs and its no persmission issue

i will try scraping from windows xbmc.

thx alot!

nmat Wrote:My solution was to create a Season directory =P I found it easier then messing around with xml files. I also did as keith suggested: installed xbmc on my laptop and scrapped everything there to make sure that the names were ok. After that, I rescraped with the Apple TV (I didn't do that remote thing)
You do not need a season dir.

All you need is your episodes named sanely.

<foo>.s01e02.<bar>.avi

For example.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I also use a tvshow.nfo so that you know it is getting the right show. Between the tvshow.nfo and the name containing sXXeYY the scraper should have everything it needs to identify the episode.
hm well no.
This structure works:

dir<foo>
dir<foo>.s01e02.<bar>
files-rars

where foo is the showname

however i I DONT have the showname as a parentdir, it finds nothing. Even trying to scrape manually on the Dir where the rars are in nothing is found, I need to delete the <bar> part of the dir. so for example i got a dir Californication.S04E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION with rars in it doesnt get picked up. I need to have a dir above it called Californication.

jmarshall Wrote:You do not need a season dir.

All you need is your episodes named sanely.

<foo>.s01e02.<bar>.avi

For example.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Again, it comes down to what the files are named. All XBMC needs is:

1. The tvshow folder HAS to be one folder deep off the folder you "Set Content" to tvshows.

i.e. /my/drive/tv shows/Californication/

where you "Set Content" to "TV Shows" on the "tv shows" folder, and do NOT change any of the default scan options.

2. The full file path must contain something that matches a regexp. The default regexps all match on only the filename itself - they deliberately ignore the path. In the case of .rar or .zip, the filename is inside the .rar, as XBMC treats rars as folders. So you could have:

/my/drive/tv shows/Californication/whatever/you/like/we/dont/care/foo.rar/s01e01.mkv

and all would work just fine. Typically the files you have will satisfy number 2, so all you need do is ensure you satisfy number 1.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ah ok now I get it, thank you very much.

so is there a way to have this work:

/my/drive/tv shows/whatever/you/like/we/dont/care/foo.rar/Californication.S04E10.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi

so i DONT have a the Folder named Californication but the scrapper picks the name of the show AND Season/Ep info ONLY from the .avi/.mkv ?

I mean would it be possible to archieve this with advancedsettings.xml ?

Because now I need to autocreate (and refresh) links to Dirs named as the Shows to have this work as you described
I have all Eps in one big dir usually (my incoming)

its not that big of a deal i just want to know if its possible at all.

thank you so much

jmarshall Wrote:Again, it comes down to what the files are named. All XBMC needs is:

1. The tvshow folder HAS to be one folder deep off the folder you "Set Content" to tvshows.

i.e. /my/drive/tv shows/Californication/

where you "Set Content" to "TV Shows" on the "tv shows" folder, and do NOT change any of the default scan options.

2. The full file path must contain something that matches a regexp. The default regexps all match on only the filename itself - they deliberately ignore the path. In the case of .rar or .zip, the filename is inside the .rar, as XBMC treats rars as folders. So you could have:

/my/drive/tv shows/Californication/whatever/you/like/we/dont/care/foo.rar/s01e01.mkv

and all would work just fine. Typically the files you have will satisfy number 2, so all you need do is ensure you satisfy number 1.

Cheers,
Jonathan
No, that will not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] add TV Series to DB without Season Dir?0