Multiple sources for single movie (different quality)
(2017-01-16, 10:41)da-anda Wrote: this requires a database refactoring which is currently in the works. After the refactor features like this should be easier to implement

hello I would like to know if this feature will be available on kodi 17 or 18. thank you in advance
would love to see this feature coming in a future release, +1 from me for this
I would also like to see this being done. Any updates on the database refactoring?
Haven't tested yet but multiple video streams in one mkv file is implemented already. See here 152756 (thread)

You have to manually select which video stream in OSD settings.

Yeah having a dialog popup to select which version would be great addition also.

Will test the multiple video streams to see how it works.

Great job kodi devs Big Grin
That solution is basically like when you go to play a Blu-ray rip and it ask for the title?... I was hoping they would add separate sources that are named the same... Blu-ray rip, 3d MVC, bonus disc... Select movie and now dailog pop up with which I want... Basically like opening the original Blu-ray case I have 3 disc inside ....
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Something can't be done with media stubs feature ?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Media_stubs
That only for media that not on a nas right? I thing is I already have it on a hard drive disc 1 disc 2 and bonus. Would like it to show n the library as one movie and upon selecting have a pop up asking which disc to play.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-01-16, 10:41)da-anda Wrote: this requires a database refactoring which is currently in the works. After the refactor features like this should be easier to implement

Is there any new information for this feature? Wish this can be done in Leia.
no news. The replacement of our DB layer is a huge task. And after that is done, we can slowly think about refactoring the database schema etc - so this will take a lot of time and won't be in v18 and probably also not 19. But if somebody with some basic C++ knowledge (or any other programming language) would like to give it a try and implement it right away, be our guest. It can be done, but requires to dig deep into the Kodi codebase. And no, you don't need to be a C++ developer to add or change stuff in Kodi. I have a PHP background (web developer) and at some point just poked around in the C++ codebase and changed things that annoyed me (some keymap handling, 3D playback handling in UI, etc). We are just a group of volunteers that mostly work on features of personal interest, so unless no current dev is in need of this feature, it's unlikely to happen unless a community member is stepping up (which is how all team members started)
(2017-07-27, 08:56)da-anda Wrote: no news. The replacement of our DB layer is a huge task. And after that is done, we can slowly think about refactoring the database schema etc - so this will take a lot of time and won't be in v18 and probably also not 19. But if somebody with some basic C++ knowledge (or any other programming language) would like to give it a try and implement it right away, be our guest. It can be done, but requires to dig deep into the Kodi codebase. And no, you don't need to be a C++ developer to add or change stuff in Kodi. I have a PHP background (web developer) and at some point just poked around in the C++ codebase and changed things that annoyed me (some keymap handling, 3D playback handling in UI, etc). We are just a group of volunteers that mostly work on features of personal interest, so unless no current dev is in need of this feature, it's unlikely to happen unless a community member is stepping up (which is how all team members started)

i guess i wont be able to contribute until i graduate from computer science. ohh well
a idea to use available solutions:

u guies could try to use the "Video-extras" - Addon.

how ever, not many Skins support it + u have to edit or write the "advancedsettings.xml"

--
may the "Extras"-Addon could be a other "solution".
I's a year and a half since the last post.  Any news on any of this?  I desperately want this feature.  Choose a movie (possibly from a movie set) and then - if multiple versions exist - a popup asking which to play?  I have Blu-ray, 3D, 4KUHD.  I want to keep them in separate files, not merge them as streams in a single MKV. That way I can take the lower res versions with me on a portable drive when we go on trips,  separate from the NAS I use at home that has the "master" copies in all resolutions.
(2019-03-23, 21:32)menkalos Wrote: Any news on any of this
Yes there is. @XODIDOX has created Movie Versions as explained here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337992

It is too late for v18 as no new features are added to a released version, so it is scheduled for v19.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
also on TMDb there is planned to make alternative/different movie versions aviable for scrape via api
(2019-03-23, 21:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 21:32)menkalos Wrote: Any news on any of this
Yes there is. @XODIDOX has created Movie Versions as explained here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337992

It is too late for v18 as no new features are added to a released version, so it is scheduled for v19. 
That looks very promising. And a really nice feature to be implemented.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple sources for single movie (different quality)2