• 131(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
If some of the nvidia users wonder: I broke DTS-HD / True-HD with my latest two AE commits (in the -testing branch). So if your receiver makes some funny things (only with those formats), it was me. I will fix it, when I get out of bed (the grAEken hit me).

Whole reason for changing something in this direction was to calculate sane values for periodSize and bufferSize depending on the SampleRate. This should - in theory - reduce underruns and make sound output more stable, so stay tuned.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-02-15, 21:04)Begall Wrote: Hey guys,

Using the stable Frodo build here on my i3 based system, using VAAPI. Compared to Eden it has been fantastically stable, so well done for that. However! On a number of occasions I have had a problem with Live TV video (played via TVHeadend) freezing while the audio continues. The audio just keeps on playing until I hit stop. At this point, the audio stops and it tries to change the refresh rate back to 60Hz (from 50hz) as I have that setting enabled. But instead I end up with a 'No Signal' at the TV while xbmc continues to run fine according to top. This only seems to happen with MPEG2 streams, I don't think I've ever had it happen with a HD H264 stream.

This time I managed to get a debug log of the moment it went wrong, along with what happened when I pressed stop: http://pastebin.com/GdJGU1xF Nothing relevant appears after that final xrandr command, just goes back to updating recording the EPG.

Think this is fixable? Thanks!

This just happened again for the first time in a while, running the latest 'tested' build. This time it happened while watching an internet stream via the Twitch TV addon, so it's now happened with Live TV, a live stream and a local file. Unfortunately I did not have debug logging running at the time, but this is what could be seen at the moment it locked up:

21:12:05 T:139966155757312 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
21:12:05 T:139965887190784 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:12:05 T:139965887190784 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:26:37 T:139969366894464 ERROR: CLinuxRendererGL::UploadVAAPITexture - failed to copy surface to glx 1 - operation failed
21:26:37 T:139969366894464 ERROR: CWinSystemX11::XErrorHandler: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter), type:0, serial:17681801, error_code:9, request_code$
21:26:37 T:139969366894464 ERROR: PresentRenderImpl - glXSwapBuffersMscOML - Failed to get current retrace count
21:26:37 T:139969366894464 ERROR: CWinSystemX11::XErrorHandler: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter), type:0, serial:17681807, error_code:9, request_code$

The error's just go on indefinitely until it is shut down. I hope that's helpful, as I don't think the VAAPITexture error showed up in my last log.
Sorry for the off-topic post, it has been a while since I have read the forum.

If I remove the ppa and install the stable release of Frodo, will I lose xvba and DTS-HD passthrough support, etc? I am using an AMD 6000 series card.
You will only loose XVBA support, player Buffering support, xrandr support - so it will get unusable for you.

DTS-HD is not supported on AMD hardware, so you won't loose anything here. (btw. there are some newer HD7XXX cards out there, that have a non cripled intel hda chip, that makes dts-hd just fine, but I have never seen one in real life yet - so take this info with care).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for that. I will stick with these builds then. Just experiencing occasional bugs/crashes and was wondering if it would help if I made the switch. Not in the market for a new card at the moment, but will keep that in mind.
Hello,

has somebody rpm for OpenSuse 12.3 with xvba for amd graphic card?

Thank you.
@Versinus: http://www.sebastian-siebert.de/ <- Sebastian has had some packages in the past.
fritsch, thank you, but i need xbmc.rpm and not the graphic driver.
Same for this - just ask him. He built it on a suse build server.
Lately i have noticed that occasionally when I press stop on a video xbmc crashes and restarts. (get the old X mouse pointer for a sec before it restarts)

AFAIK it only started happening on the last tested build (didn't notice this problem until the last build 4 weeks ago) as that is what I am using. It is not a bad problem. I just have to remember to mark the episode as watched and then go on.
Is it a known problem or should I find some log for it or something?
Can you show me the version? I programmed a bug in audio engine some weeks ago, that produced a segfault, but it is fixed since again several weeks.
xbmc.log or the crashlog would help a lot.
@laric & @fritsch
Sometimes I have the same problem with forceclose of xbmc after playback was stopped (which cuases the old X pointer to appear before xbmc restarts)
I am on the xbmc-xvba branch with the current version.

I will try to post a debug log if this reoccures!
(2013-03-14, 12:33)fritsch Wrote: Same for this - just ask him. He built it on a suse build server.
I sent him email yesterday, but I got no answer.

Nobody use OpenSuse here?
(2013-03-15, 07:15)laric Wrote: Lately i have noticed that occasionally when I press stop on a video xbmc crashes and restarts. (get the old X mouse pointer for a sec before it restarts)

I'm having the same problem.
(2013-03-15, 19:36)SikeMo Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 07:15)laric Wrote: Lately i have noticed that occasionally when I press stop on a video xbmc crashes and restarts. (get the old X mouse pointer for a sec before it restarts)

I'm having the same problem.

I seem to have it as well
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23