Can the Slideshow display images for hours at a time?
I am looking for a way to use KODI to display images for hours at a time before changing to the next picture in the slideshow, the longest I have been able to display is for a minute.

Thanks in advance.
There is a duration setting in Player -> Pictures but that seems to be limited to 100 seconds. You could try modifying the settings.xml in your Kodi installation to increase the maximum, in the xml the setting is called "slideshow.staytime". Note I'm not sure if this will work as there may also be limits applied in the code that would need to be changed.
Thanks, I will try that.
You're not worried about burn-in?
[partially solved]

in the settings.xml file you can find the pictures category. In which you can find
Code:
<maximum>100</maximum>
, you can change 100 to 1799 so that the maximum allowed seconds for a picture to show in a slideshow becomes 1799. This worked for me. Kodi seems to have it hard coded with maximum staytime at below 1800, any higher the staytime settings becomes unavailable in kodi gui settings screen. I briefly scanned the source code but didn't find anything useful further than this.

If you absolutely need >= 1800s per picture in a slideshow, you can experiment with default settings in the same section. Good luck.

DI

<category id="pictures" label="14217" help="38105">
      <group id="1" label="108">
        <setting id="slideshow.staytime" type="integer" label="12378" help="36312">
          <level>0</level>
          <default>5</default>
          <constraints>
            <minimum>1</minimum>
            <step>1</step>
            <maximum>1799</maximum>
          </constraints>
          <control type="spinner" format="string">
            <formatlabel>14045</formatlabel>
          </control>
        </setting>
        <setting id="slideshow.displayeffects" type="boolean" label="12379" help="36313">
          <level>1</level>
          <default>true</default>
          <control type="toggle" />
        </setting>
        <setting id="slideshow.shuffle" type="boolean" label="13319" help="36314">
          <level>0</level>
          <default>false</default>
        </setting>
        <setting id="slideshow.highqualitydownscaling" type="boolean" label="36619" help="36620">
          <level>1</level>
          <default>false</default>
        </setting>
      </group>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can the Slideshow display images for hours at a time?0