Solved Another renaming question
First off thanks for this tool!  I am appreciative beyond words to not be renaming everything manually compared to how I used to do things.  I even am able to allow the application to rename subtitles for an entire season with the tool compared to how I used to have to do it.  I am very happy with the application!

But I have some questions about how to adjust the settings for the renaming to work according to preferences.  I managed to figure out how to change the usual Name.of.Series.S01E01.Episode.Name.GRP.mkv into my preferred 01x01 - Episode Name.mkv but where I'm falling down is on figuring out how to create the directory structure I prefer.  I'd prefer it if my directories for the seasons were named with a corresponding number in front of them indicating the season.  Right now I'm getting Season 01 but what I'd prefer is something like this:

Name of Show (2019)
00) Specials
01) Season One
02) Season Two

I've been renaming the directories manually but I'd really prefer to not have to do that any more so is there a way to set this in the renamer?  Thanks in advance for your time reading this and any assistance given.
sorry, this is no default structure.. tmm needs to recognize the season folders because:

a) to put the renamed episode file in the right folder
b) to put season artwork into that folder is chosen

because of this structure, tmm can't create the folders on demand (tmm does not know how to "translate" the season 1 into "01) Season one") and upon update data source you may not be able to detect things right.

so you have 2 choices:

a) use the standard folder naming that your tool can work for you
b) use your folder naming and continue without some of the features tmm would have for you!

sorry, but for an automatic tool you need to create an environment which is able to get processed...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-10-14, 07:49)mlaggner Wrote: sorry, this is no default structure.. tmm needs to recognize the season folders because:

a) to put the renamed episode file in the right folder
b) to put season artwork into that folder is chosen

because of this structure, tmm can't create the folders on demand (tmm does not know how to "translate" the season 1 into "01) Season one") and upon update data source you may not be able to detect things right.

so you have 2 choices:

a) use the standard folder naming that your tool can work for you
b) use your folder naming and continue without some of the features tmm would have for you!

sorry, but for an automatic tool you need to create an environment which is able to get processed...

I see.  That's unfortunate but I understand.  TMM has already saved me a ton of time by renaming the actual episodes I really have no cause to quibble.  I'll just keep renaming the directories after a file rename.  Thanks for the response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another renaming question0