DVD aspect ratio
Greetings all,

First of all, I love this program.  I have never used such a simple but useful program for organizing my media for Kodi.  It is truly a wonderful program.  Thank you for the hard work in creating and maintaining Ember Media Manager.

I am having an issue with DVD video display resolution displaying properly.  Not sure if this is a bug or if there is a setting I can adjust, but I thought I would ask for help or an explanation why I am experiencing my problem.

I have DVD movies scraped into the program that I have ripped from my collection.  I left Handbrake to determine the width and height of the movies automatically.  As a result, I have various heights and widths within the DVD realm of aspect ratios.  Here is an example - 708 X 368, 716 x 360, 720 x 368 and so on.  EMM shows these ratios as 576p, which I perceive as a Europe aspect ratio (feel free to correct me).  Anyway, I would like my DVDs to display as 480p in EMM.  If I change the height and width in the metadata setting to 640 x 480 or 720 x 480, then I get 480p but I have to manually change each movie separately.

As an aside, Kodi DOES display the proper aspect ratio.  All my DVD movies show 480p in Kodi without any further manual tweaking.

How can I get EMM to assign the proper video display resolution (480p) automatically without having to change my videos or edit each metadata settings?

Appreciate any help or assistance.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Moviewatcher666
Oh, i hate this topic Big Grin
I use many known resolutions to determine the resolution flag. All unknown or resolutions with over- or underscan like your are simply detected by horizontal resolution: Link
Maybe I'll find the muse to fix the problems again, but currently I don't have time for it.
(2020-04-27, 17:17)DanCooper Wrote: Oh, i hate this topic Big Grin
I use many known resolutions to determine the resolution flag. All unknown or resolutions with over- or underscan like your are simply detected by horizontal resolution: Link
Maybe I'll find the muse to fix the problems again, but currently I don't have time for it.
LOL!  I understand.  So many resolutions, so little time!

Is there no way to specify ranges instead exact numbers?  I think Kodi does that internally (but not sure).

In the meantime, I will just keep fixing them manually.
In cases where width is 720 or less, I think you should approach this based on the framerate and not just the resolution. 480p would be 23.976 fps, 29.97 fps or 59.94 fps. 576p is 25 fps or 50 fps. Would probably work just fine in 99% of all cases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD aspect ratio0