Side effect of hiding the category widgets?
I would like to (only) hide the category widgets at the top of movies/TV shows main pages.

I can achieve that by turning off the "enable category widget" setting within "configure skin". However that also seem to have the "side effect" bringing up the category menu when I select the main menu items "movies" or "TV shows" (see screenshot). I would like that to be bypassed, and directly go into "Titles", which is what happened before disabling the category widgets.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
(2021-04-08, 13:45)diodorus Wrote: I would like to (only) hide the category widgets at the top of movies/TV shows main pages.

if you can edit home.xml 
remove

xml:
<include content="WidgetListCategories" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="library://video/movies/"/>
                            <param name="additional_movie_items" value="true"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31148]"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="5900"/>
                        </include>
and
xml:
<include content="WidgetListCategories" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="library://video/tvshows/"/>
                            <param name="additional_tvshow_items" value="true"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31148]"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="6900"/>
                        </include>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Side effect of hiding the category widgets?0