• 7(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
The progress bar dialog isn't doing anything for me in rev 1963 (pal xbox 4:3), not had this problem in earlier versions. e.g. when copying files in file manager view. screen shot below.
also noticed the "random" button in photo slideshow menu seems back to front i.e when check box is white slideshow isn't random, when check box is black it is Confused
anyway, cheers for what you've done so far!
cromity123 Wrote:The progress bar dialog isn't doing anything for me in rev 1963 (pal xbox 4:3), not had this problem in earlier versions. e.g. when copying files in file manager view. screen shot below.
also noticed the "random" button in photo slideshow menu seems back to front i.e when check box is white slideshow isn't random, when check box is black it is Confused
anyway, cheers for what you've done so far!

Good catch!
Both issues are fixed in SVN revision 1967.
I will post a built version once I get the weather fanart sorted out.
BaerMan Wrote:Looks very cute! But I didn't see a pictogram of the conditions, just the temperature. Was this intended? If so, could you please add a small pic next to it? Would make it perfect!
There should be an image there. I'm not sure why you are not seeing it??

BaerMan Wrote:Nearly hidden. I guess you counted the width as H:MM:SS, but in fact it is HH:MM:SS with a leading '0' (Zero), so there is still two characters getting overlapped.
Sorry about that. This should also be correct now in SVN.
Wir3d Wrote:There should be an image there. I'm not sure why you are not seeing it??
Didn't pay attention for this last night, maybe it was related to not completely loaded weather info. This happens from time to time.

Another point, but don't know if it's skin-related: if the scraper is running and the scraper's info-window is showing and I start a movie, I cannot see the movie's info-window. That is, when pressing 'i' nothing happens until the scraper is done. It's not that important, I just noticed it yesterday as the scraper took very long finishing it's work after startup so I already chose my movie and started it. Normally I just let the scraper run, check the newly added infos and afterwards start a movie.
BaerMan Wrote:Didn't pay attention for this last night, maybe it was related to not completely loaded weather info. This happens from time to time.

Another point, but don't know if it's skin-related: if the scraper is running and the scraper's info-window is showing and I start a movie, I cannot see the movie's info-window. That is, when pressing 'i' nothing happens until the scraper is done. It's not that important, I just noticed it yesterday as the scraper took very long finishing it's work after startup so I already chose my movie and started it. Normally I just let the scraper run, check the newly added infos and afterwards start a movie.

I added some code to not display weather image or text until it's fully loaded.
Also added a fix for the media info not showing up while scanning.
Both fixes are in SVN.
Revision 1977 posted!
Updates include:
  • Fix for progress bars not showing up
  • Fixed Random button for pictures slidshow
  • Fixed progress and time overlap in now playing info
  • Not display home weather until information is loaded
  • Fixed media info not showing up while scanning
  • New weather layout and support for fanart.

Set the directory of the weather images in Skin Options.
See this thread for an example image pack.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41650
Just tested 1962 and you're right, the weather info is displaying the symbol correctly.
New improvements will be tested tomorrow. I'm very anxious of your 'support for fanart'. Already downloaded some pack of weather pics and would really like to see them in action! Nod

What I noticed tonight (in fact some days before but always forgot about it) is that the screensaver needs two clicks (I'm clicking the 'back' button on my remote) to get me back to the actual screen. As before, I don't know whether it's skin-related or a manner of the core of xbmc.

Again: thanks a lot for your great skin!! Big Grin
BaerMan Wrote:Just tested 1962 and you're right, the weather info is displaying the symbol correctly.
New improvements will be tested tomorrow. I'm very anxious of your 'support for fanart'. Already downloaded some pack of weather pics and would really like to see them in action! Nod

What I noticed tonight (in fact some days before but always forgot about it) is that the screensaver needs two clicks (I'm clicking the 'back' button on my remote) to get me back to the actual screen. As before, I don't know whether it's skin-related or a manner of the core of xbmc.

Again: thanks a lot for your great skin!! Big Grin

I don't see how the screesaver issue is skin related. Please try it with another skin and see if it does the same thing.

Regarding the weather fanart,
I plan to make some changes in order to see the images better.
They are a bit dark at the moment Oo
Wir3d Wrote:I don't see how the screesaver issue is skin related. Please try it with another skin and see if it does the same thing.
I guess it is by intention as I also have to press the pause-button twice when the movie is paused for some minutes and got a little darker. Seems like a kind of 'screensaver'.
Quote:Regarding the weather fanart,
I plan to make some changes in order to see the images better.
They are a bit dark at the moment Oo
The weather page seems to be a bit self-willed. Actually I don't see any numbers in the forecast. That is, in the fields with the fortcoming days I only see the abbreviation for high and low but not the temperature itself. Probably it's a matter of font and color but the abbreviations also seem to be centered in their fields so it looks like there is no value for the temperature.

And on the whole page I don't see the actual real temperature. There is 'gefühlte Temperatur' (sensed temperature?) and 'Taupunkt' (dew point?) (sorry, I use the german interface) but no real temp. The only place where I can see the actual temp is the main screen.

The fanart I couldn't see at all. Maybe I did something wrong with the location of the images. I have to check that again.

Another question: is it possible to display the seen/unseen mark when not in database-mode? When scrolling through my directories I'd really like to see this flag. This would help me a lot, if it's possible to add. Excellent would be an entry in the properties menu to change this flag. This would save a lot of time when updating entries.
BaerMan Wrote:I guess it is by intention as I also have to press the pause-button twice when the movie is paused for some minutes and got a little darker. Seems like a kind of 'screensaver'.

The weather page seems to be a bit self-willed. Actually I don't see any numbers in the forecast. That is, in the fields with the fortcoming days I only see the abbreviation for high and low but not the temperature itself. Probably it's a matter of font and color but the abbreviations also seem to be centered in their fields so it looks like there is no value for the temperature.

And on the whole page I don't see the actual real temperature. There is 'gefühlte Temperatur' (sensed temperature?) and 'Taupunkt' (dew point?) (sorry, I use the german interface) but no real temp. The only place where I can see the actual temp is the main screen.

The fanart I couldn't see at all. Maybe I did something wrong with the location of the images. I have to check that again.

Another question: is it possible to display the seen/unseen mark when not in database-mode? When scrolling through my directories I'd really like to see this flag. This would help me a lot, if it's possible to add. Excellent would be an entry in the properties menu to change this flag. This would save a lot of time when updating entries.

All of your weather and fanart issues should be resolved after you update XBMC.

Sorry, it is only possible to show the watched/unwatched flags if you're in library mode. It would work with the skin but XBMC doesn't allow it.
Allright, after upgrading to svn version from ppa the weather page looks impressive! Nod

Again, one little thing: when playing a movie there is no display for the speed of fwd or rew. Other skins show a little info saying 2x, 5x etc. Also there is no pause-symbol. Could you please add this icons? Thanks a lot! Wink
BaerMan Wrote:Allright, after upgrading to svn version from ppa the weather page looks impressive! Nod

Again, one little thing: when playing a movie there is no display for the speed of fwd or rew. Other skins show a little info saying 2x, 5x etc. Also there is no pause-symbol. Could you please add this icons? Thanks a lot! Wink

You should see the play status and speed on the seek bar??

Is this what you mean?
Wir3d Wrote:You should see the play status and speed on the seek bar??
[...]
Is this what you mean?
Exactly! But I don't see it. Blush
Don't know why it's not displayed. somethin weired with my config?
Yesterday I updated to latest svn from ppa and the skin (1977) is actually installed in the system skin folder not my home skin folder. But that should not make any difference, should it?

EDIT: btw, this 'seek bar' is not the usual info window, right? If this one is displayed, I have the progress bar but also no paused-sign nor speed-value.
BaerMan Wrote:Exactly! But I don't see it. Blush
Don't know why it's not displayed. somethin weired with my config?
Yesterday I updated to latest svn from ppa and the skin (1977) is actually installed in the system skin folder not my home skin folder. But that should not make any difference, should it?

EDIT: btw, this 'seek bar' is not the usual info window, right? If this one is displayed, I have the progress bar but also no paused-sign nor speed-value.

There was a problem with the seek text not showing up but that was fixed back at revision 1966.

The "seekbar" is not the same as the info window and should display when you are paused or seeking (forward/rewind) or have the OSD menu up.

Just to test I downloaded the version 1977 posted and tested it on PC and XBOX and it works for me.

I suspect you need to reinstall it. Make sure to delete the connected folder and copy over the new one. If it still doesn't work go into skin options and reset skin settings then refresh.

Hope this helps.
Wir3d Wrote:There was a problem with the seek text not showing up but that was fixed back at revision 1966.
The "seekbar" is not the same as the info window and should display when you are paused or seeking (forward/rewind) or have the OSD menu up.
Allright, so there is no misunderstanding about that. The mentioned info displays correctly (and I think I didn't praise the new content yet. It's great like it is now!!)

Quote:Just to test I downloaded the version 1977 posted and tested it on PC and XBOX and it works for me.
I suspect you need to reinstall it. Make sure to delete the connected folder and copy over the new one. If it still doesn't work go into skin options and reset skin settings then refresh.
As of switching to svn I first had to re-install the skin into the system-wide skin-folder. But the settings in my userdata-folder were untouched.
I'll try to reset them and see what happens.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2