Help me decide: A6-PACK or i3-PACK
(2012-05-04, 17:10)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-04, 03:56)Riskey Wrote: Well, since this is purely an htpc, and from what I've seen; the A6 seems to meet my needs speed wise...the best chip will be the one that runs cooler and quieter, and which one runs on OpenELEC better (in that order of importance). I know that Nvidia graphics are the best on OpenELEC, but I want small and quiet - so discreet graphics don't seem like the best option. It's sounding more and more like I'll end up going the Windows route. Although maybe I'll just build the 6-pack and then see how it runs OpenELEC. If it sucks THEN I'll buy Windows.
As far as noise and power consumption, A6 and i3 should be very similar. The major different is i3 being more powerful and more expensive....as for OpenElec, i3 have the upper hand too, and here is a great thread for it- Simplified Guide for a perfect minimal HTPC on INTEL platforms

That's exactly the type of guide that freaks me out about linux. Would all that stuff just "work" with OpenELEC? This actually steers me towards Windows.

(2012-05-04, 07:28)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Get the A6-3500 and spend the money saved over the i3-2105 on a bigger SSD and three beers Smile

Actually.... It looks like I'll be spending that money on a stinkin' copy of Windows. BTW, I saw someone post a link recently to a copy of Win 7 home 64bit for $68 dollars, but for the life of me can't find that post again. It was like "snagit.com" or something like that (but not that). Anyone know where to get windows for that price?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me decide: A6-PACK or i3-PACK - by Riskey - 2012-05-04, 20:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me decide: A6-PACK or i3-PACK0