[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
(2012-05-15, 10:05)Zellig Wrote: Ah, when I said "full version," I meant access to the other sections of MCE.
But I don't want to see MCE. If I did, I can simply use the Advanced Launcher plugin to open MCE, without the need to install eventghost.

You're in effect running two separate front-ends, to achieve what neither can provide by itself. For many this is just not good enough -- while you are used to it and take it as second nature, a casual user may be confused, or put off, by the duplication of features and the difference in user interfaces.
By your definition, I only run one front end also... since you are basing your definition on how many menus you need to use. I only use one menu - XBMCs
As I said, I go directly to Live TV, or ANY section in MCE (plugin, guide, etc)... with only one button press on my remote. EG tells MCE what buttons on my remote are mapped to what items in MCE. People I have over easily understand "press this button to watch TV" Tongue

Quote:The goal here is to present one single front end (XBMC), and integrate the two parts that MCE does better, Live TV and Netflix, as seamlessly as possible.
Also, this solution does not require the installation of any third party software (eventghost) or fiddling with it. It's a simple two-trick pony -- all it does is present MCE Live TV and MCE Netflix from within XBMC, while hiding the rest of MCE from the user.

But, to each his own.

Your install requires more custom code than mine. I install EG and map the buttons in EG - done. You are using 3rd party software (even if you don't think so; look up the definition) and you must customize XBMC... and you hope that XBMC and MCE does not change anything so your code does not break. Or when they do change you rely on support from the developer of the custom code, and XBMC devs. Mine will work no matter what... it is all based on my remote control.

Also, with your setup you can only go to two things... Live TV, and Netflix. I guess you never use the TV Guide? My guests always use the TV Guide...

As you said, each to his own. I was offering the readers an simple and more flexible way to do what you are doing... and MUCH more.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration - by Livin - 2012-05-15, 16:49
MCENetflix Experience - by RobbieWilkes - 2013-07-14, 21:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1