[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
jdembski, first of all thanks for the great work on this, I've been able to compile the pvr addon and succesfully connected my raspberry running raspbmc to my dm500hd (this considering that the tuxbox plugin causes for me a xbmc restart whenever I select a bouquet)

my question to you or other fellow colleagues here is what performance are you able to get with streaming the channels on the RPi? I ask this because what I see is that when I stream SD channles (I have the mpeg2 license set up, btw), the processor starts lower than 50% but gradually increases after a few mins of watching the channels to over 80-90%, with peaks of 99%. even when I stop the stream, it takes sometimes half a minute for the occupancy to return to 15-20% when idle. nevertheless, this doesn't cause issues on the SD channels, I am able to view them without interruptions (although I had a random reset once while watching for 15 mins a channels, don't exactly what caused it - maybe CPU overheating due to the high temp)

furthermore, I thought that HD channels should work smoothly, but I've never been able to stream anything - I see big macroblocks, indistinguishable stuff mostly. does it work for you better?

for the record, I only tested raspbmc (latest revision) over wifi (the wifi speed should be sufficient as I am able to watch smoothly HD channels on my laptop using VLC, nevertheless I will test again using a wired connection to my router just to get the transfer rate out of the problem). have you had better results using other RasPi images, openelec or xbian maybe?

thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2 - by cocomic - 2012-10-25, 10:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217