Raspberry Pi for XBMC, some myths and truths
(2013-01-17, 01:00)PobjoySpecial Wrote: Take note that the GUI in that video is at 1080p, whereas OpenELEC renders at 720p and uses lower fanart resolution. It's not fluid, but good enough... IMO. Smile

I specifically sought out a card (SDSDU-008G-U46) known to have high 4K read/write speeds on the Pi. The Class rating doesn't really tell much about a card's real-world performance. It's best to look at benchmarks people have performed in Raspian. Flash drives seem to average higher 4K read/write speeds for some reason. Another option is NFS boot.

Allright, I quickly installed openelec on a external USB drive, and its noticeably faster than from the SDcard, especially loading fanart while browsing the library. Boot up times is not much of an improvement.

Then I installed Raspmc on the only spare sdcard I had, very old non name 1GB card. And wow, definitely smoother than openelec. I have to test a bit more with a fully populated library, but Im rather surprised so far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raspberry Pi for XBMC, some myths and truths - by Vertigo - 2013-01-17, 11:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi for XBMC, some myths and truths 4