libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
Ok but i guess many things wont need so many logs @ all seeing that many issues seem to be already shared issues with other same SOC devices.
As example i share the same experience "issue" as with http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1299654 on the monster clip
Also i share pretty much with everyone of the RK3066 VPU based SOCs the "horizontal tearing effect" and the crashes after playback finished is also a shared issue.

Now it would be interesting to find out if other RK3066 Devices don't show the same issues, anyway i first gonna try if some issues fixed after the 13.01 build though this gets stuck issue with that monster clip i guess could also be rather located in the parsing and or decoding itself rather then the libstagefright decoding in those regards i find those clips interesting that always show the same issues but have initially no real playback problems Smile
So a solid foundation of test clips might be @ first better to get the playback per Device stable before mixing maybe parser issues into all this.

Code:
TP7-1500DC-metal (RK3066 VPU)

Bitstream     XBMC-Hardware 13.01.2013                      XBMC-Hardware 18.01.2013                       XBMC-Hardware 19.01.2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birds                f (crash)                                    f (crash)                                   f (crash)      
hddvd                x (slow >10 fps heavy frame drops)           x (slow >10 fps heavy frame drops)          x (slow >10 fps heavy frame drops)
Monsters             x (1)                                        f (crash)                                   x (6) very slow mega frame drops)              
Suzumiya             x (2)                                        f (crash)                                   x (7)
Matrix               x (3)                                        x (3)                                       x (3)
Harry                x (4)                                        f (crash)                                   x (8)
planet               x (Decoding errors on end crashes XBMC)      x (5)                                       x (5)
shrinkage            x (4)                                        f (crash)                                   x (9)
shrinkage 2          x (4)                                        f (crash)                                   x (9)
planet 2             x (4)                                        f (crash)

1 = only subs and audio then stops after 2 seconds loading of another file takes a long time after this
2 = Decoding errors same as with planet + frame jumps forth/back subs wrong placed unstyled after playback crash
3 = CPU XBMC 80%
4 = CPU XBMC 53% Decoding Errors (horizontal tearing ?) same as Planet and Suzumiya same crash @ end
5 = Plays with little amount of Framedrops scaling fails (nearest neighbour)
6 = Plays till Happy Birthday stucks and then restarts the Tablet (yes no Android restart but the whole thing really crashes completely to the on state)
7 = subs wrong placed unstyled scaling fails (nearest neighbour)
8 = CPU XBMC 50% english audio track timestamp issues scaling fails (nearest neighbour)
9 = CPU XBMC 58% scaling fails (nearest neighbour)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29321
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29314

The strange Horizontal Tearing and crashes after playback are gone, though it now becomes evident that the hardware scaling is failing, the monsters bitstream behavior has now become deadly for the system (reboot possible).

Also some strange behavior if the Android Notification Bar Overlays the whole GUI freezes and only pushing power and unlock it gets it out of this temporal freeze state. Though it seems Android is unstable after this as everytime triggering the Notification Bar after this happened with XBMC it freeezes (only reboot fixes it completely).

I guess this is why the styled playback fails so horrible on the Suzumiya stream

ERROR: Unable to load libass.so, reason: Symbol not found:
04:58:32 T:1746501184 DEBUG: Dll libass.so was not found in path
04:58:32 T:1746501184 ERROR: CDVDSubtitlesLibass: Failed to load libass library
04:58:32 T:1746501184 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Overlay: SSA Subtitle Decoder - Failed
04:58:32 T:1746501184 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Overlay: Text Subtitle Decoder - Opening
04:58:32 T:1746501184 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Overlay: Text Subtitle Decoder - Opened

Messages In This Thread
RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - by CruNcher - 2013-01-21, 04:06
libstagefright - by mo123 - 2013-05-14, 14:29
RE: libstagefright - by Koying - 2013-05-14, 14:30
RE: libstagefright - by Maverick5269 - 2013-05-16, 23:04
RE: libstagefright - by matander - 2013-05-19, 18:26
RE: libstagefright - by FreeFrag - 2013-05-22, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10