Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-01-24, 23:29)Xardos Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 17:09)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 14:22)Xardos Wrote: Geniatech wrote me an email, in their next geniatech-xbmc-version will be fixed following issues:

- aspect ratio (same problem as pivos-xbmc)
- video-addons problem - > doesn´t work (working in pivos-xbmc)

Xardos,

1) any news on your sound problem?

I am looking for an android box to setup for a friend. can you recommend this box? It is your sound problem experience that is putting me off it. I might go for the safe option and get a pivos xios if your sound is still not working.

2) hat is this that you mention about video addons not working? are the video addons that we do not speak off (the xbmchub addons) not working at all?

3) I am thinking of getting the MYGica ATV1200, does anyone know if the firmware and xbmc.apk's released by geniatech definately work on the MyGica boxes?

1) Unfortunately i have still no news. Reason of my problem is my Pioneer AVR, or, to be more precise, the missing "streamsilence" parameter support for advancedsettings.xml since Frodo rc. It seems as if you do have a AVR by Sony o. Yamaha, you don´t have to expect this problem.

2) the xbmc-video-addons aren´t working in Geniatech-xbmc-version only. In pivos-xbmc work the addons flawless.

3) It appears, Geniatech is anxious to offer a very good support. Email-questions will be answered within 2-3 days. There is meanwhile the 3rd Firmware released. I would say, the last firmware has already very good performance characteristics. Only a few things must be optimized. Currently is the pivos-xbmc the better version, the aspect-ratio-problem is probably the most unpleasing fault. (you can solve this by editing attributes, but this settings are resettet after restart)

4) my opinion: I let myself become infected by android-stick-hype. I bought a MK802 (very slow), i bought a MK808 - i was disappointing by having compromises each time (to slow, asynchronous, crashes, wrong powersupplys, no passtrough etc.). Support by stick-developers was not available. Every week was a new (much better with much faster cpu) stick/box advertised. I had no desire to further experiments...
I know, that AML8726 is supported by xbmc-team. I know, hdmi/spdif passtrough is really supported by Geniatech. Geniatech is the developer for many similar brands. I think, it is a short question of time, then will xbmc run perfectly. I bought the ATV1200 and i mean, that was the right decision.

thanks you so much for taking the time to reply.

can you help me again on my question 3? maybe i didn't ask it clearly.

3) will the firmware/software etc released by geniatech for the ATV1200 work on the mygica ATV1200? should I just email them and ask maybe?

also you say " Currently is the pivos-xbmc the better version, the aspect-ratio-problem is probably the most unpleasing fault. " what is the aspect ratio problem? and is this problem on the geniatech xbmc apk or the pivos xbmc akp?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by thebearnecessit - 2013-01-25, 00:34
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17