What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?
First reason, for me is a total loss of control on my stuff. Actually the official Frodo repo of XBMC is providing the version 1.7.6 of Advanced Launcher that do not works at all with Frodo. I have never submit this version for Frodo (only for Eden) but it is there. I have asked (more than 3 months ago) to remove this version of Advanced Launcher from the Frodo repo (or declare it as broken)... but nothing have been done yet. Really frustrating.

The second reason, is that actually a same version of Advanced Launcher is compatible with Dharma, Eden and Frodo versions of XBMC. So implies that the Advanced Launcher contains code parts that are only compatible with some versions of XBMC, even if these code parts are only executed on the version of XBMC they are compatible with (by using a simple python test). So it breaks one of the repo rules. It was told me that it was not possible to host the add-on in state and that it will be better to provide different version of Advanced Launcher (1 for each version of XBMC) with a different version number for each. You lost me at this time...

Messages In This Thread
[split] What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo? - by Angelscry - 2013-02-14, 22:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?1