What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?
I guess its time for me to jump in on this. Getting my skin into the "Official" repo way back when did feel particularly confrontational (took three try's before the skin made the grade). A large part of this was due to the requirements not being clear when the repo system first got off the ground (much clearer now), but it would be nice if there was a way that a skin author could be pretty sure they had covered all of the bases before making the initial pull request.

Would it be possible to make the validation scripts(?) available so that we could make sure the skin is upto standard. Another area that the official repo could be made more enticing is to provide some sort of feedback to the skin author on how many downloads the skin has had (basically how many people are using the skin). The Passion repo shows me that I have about 1000-1500 users using the skin from there (these users are using my nightly build, so probably are a bit more adventurous than most users).

In short, would suggest the following:

1 - Made sure skin author knows exactly what is required (maybe post a sticky in Skin Dev forum with links to required info).
2 - Make available a way to validate if skin meets stands for inclusion to repo.
3 - Provide a carrot in the form of feedback on how popular the skin is to the skin author.

As a side note, if I can do something about the feeping creaturitus, Frodo build of my skin should be due to make a bid for inclusion to the Official repo Real Soon Now Rofl

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo? - by wyrm - 2013-02-15, 04:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the reasons you don't submit your addon to official repo?0