Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2013-03-01, 09:38)greeknl Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 20:02)Xycl Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 13:57)greeknl Wrote: after playing a bit I noticed:
2 - The manual input procedure for data range need some tweaking, cant see what i am entering, maybe wider input box (also make clear what you enter, month day year, because different input sequence for different countries
It's an XBMC dialog box. No chance to change it. (I think so)
I really hope this can be change, cause this input box is not really user friendly. I assume you get the same as me.
You mean this box? I think it's very usable.

(2013-02-28, 13:57)greeknl Wrote: 5 - The browse by folder method shows only the source, not the actual folders within this source which would be nice.
Don't know what you mean. Select a source and you see the folders.
I have added a path to database a source which contains subfolders. When i select browse by folder it shows me the source with the number of pictures in it and when i click on that it only shows me the parent directory (the two dots ..) and no subdirectories
After selecting one of the sources in "Browse by folder":
Did you forget to set the scan to be recursive?
Because otherwise pictures in subdirectories won't be scanned.

(2013-02-28, 13:57)greeknl Wrote: 7 - in the filter wizard please split the YYYY-MM option, because as it is now it lists every month over the years (long list if you have a 10-year collection)
This tag is only a test. I don't think that it makes sense because if you want to see pictures from 2 months with child1 and child2 then you cannot use this new tag because you need an OR condition for the 2 months and an AND condition for the 2 children. The filter wizard doesn't support this.
Yeah i can imagine that AND OR filtering would be nasty.
I really like the YYYY-MM option, and I think others will too.
But as it is now you either select "Match all tags" (meaning AND to all selections) or you dont select it (meaning OR to all conditions).
However for the dates the only logical filtering option is OR, there is only one date per picture.
So with "Match all tags" off -> (child1 OR child2 OR month1 OR month2)
with "Match all tags" on -> (child1 AND child2) AND (month1 OR month2)
But you say this isnt supported, so maybe the dates tag should be treated as a range -> (child1 AND child2) AND (date BETWEEN month1-year1 AND month2-year2) or otherwise
child1 AND child2 AND date>month1-year1 AND date<month2-year2.
This poses however a difficulty on the wizard. but maybe a workaround is to use saved date ranges
The Filter Wizard is quite complex.
Will try to except the YYYY-MM from AND condition.
I don't know if it will work, but if it works then I'll divide the tag into two tags for years and months.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix

Messages In This Thread
Beta Testers needed - by Xycl - 2012-11-06, 12:14
RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - by Xycl - 2013-03-01, 10:26
Filter / TAG Question ? - by knutklo - 2015-04-07, 16:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1