Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
Darn, just got in and turned on the Pi and I'm getting the "no hardware present" error again.

top shows that tvhpiproxy is running as is tvheadend and going to the web interface, under Status - Active Subscriptions it lists whatever channel I select from XBMC.

I tried connecting with XBMC on my PC and TVH client set to 192.168.1.69:9983 and get the same error. So I killed tvhpiproxy and ran it again with tvhpiproxy 192.168.1.69:9983 and set the TVH client on the Pi and PC to connect to that, but still get the same error. tvhpiproxy shows it's receiving connections from my PC (192.168.1.64) and the Pi (192.168.1.69).

Hmm, checking lsusb -t shows that the tuner is connected. I plugged it into the next port on my hub and it showed up again.I can already only use three ports on my 7-port Belkin F5U700 hub, due to issues with the Pi and cascaded hubs and I've got the remote receiver plugged into the one usable port on the inside of my case, so there's only the two on the outside I can use. The tuner was working in the first one yesterday so I don't know why it would now not work in that port. If it's going to keep "disappearing" like this and I have to keep moving it between the two ports to get it working again that's obviously going to be impractical.

Anyway, at the moment with tvhpiproxy running on 192.168.1.69:9983 I can connect to it with both the Pi and PC and watch different channels, although it stutters on the Pi when starting a channel on the PC and some channels on the PC it says "No input detected" (I just got this on one channel on the Pi as well). After closing XBMC on the PC I looked over at the Pi running on the TV and it was very out of sync. I also am still getting these pauses whilst TV is playing and the XBMC pause bar appears up the top and then it carries on again. http://pastebin.com/Hppx7GwT

Messages In This Thread
does live tv work at all????? - by pootler - 2013-02-08, 18:38
RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - by doveman2 - 2013-03-11, 01:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5