Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
(2013-03-09, 00:55)xoox Wrote: I finally found a solution for the problems with playing Live-TV from Tvheadend on Raspberry Pi.

The two main problems are:

- The I-Frame issue. Omxplayer needs an I-Frame first. This was already discussed and there were special pvr.hts add-on versions trying to fix this issue.

- The other problem is with HD LiveTV on a lot of channels. Tvheadend submits height=1088 in the subsciptionStart message. Omxplayer seems to have problems, it needs height=1080 to start the stream correctly.

What I've done to solve this problems:
I wrote a Python Tvheadend proxy which is used between XBMC/Pi and Tvheadend. The proxy drops the first frames until an I-Frame arrives and corrects the height from 1088 to 1080. The benefits of this solution:
- This workaround can be used until Tvheadend or pvr.hts add-on or Omxplayer are corrected.
- You don't need a special version of OpenELEC, Tvheadend etc. Just use your current installation.
- The solution doesn't affect other clients (PC/Laptops etc.) as you only pass your Pi(s) through the proxy

You can download TvhPiProxy here: https://github.com/polini/TvhPiProxy

TvhPiProxy has beta status. My Python-knowledge is very limited, so the script could be optimized perhaps. But it works. I had 100% success rate with the proxy up to now.

I seem to get at syntax error when i try to run the script.

Code:
File "./tvhpiproxy.py", line 65
    except Exception, e:
                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I'm running this version of python on Arch Linux
python-3.3.0-3

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
does live tv work at all????? - by pootler - 2013-02-08, 18:38
RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - by lassej5 - 2013-03-11, 18:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5