Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
(2013-03-11, 18:54)lassej5 Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 00:55)xoox Wrote: I finally found a solution for the problems with playing Live-TV from Tvheadend on Raspberry Pi.

The two main problems are:

- The I-Frame issue. Omxplayer needs an I-Frame first. This was already discussed and there were special pvr.hts add-on versions trying to fix this issue.

- The other problem is with HD LiveTV on a lot of channels. Tvheadend submits height=1088 in the subsciptionStart message. Omxplayer seems to have problems, it needs height=1080 to start the stream correctly.

What I've done to solve this problems:
I wrote a Python Tvheadend proxy which is used between XBMC/Pi and Tvheadend. The proxy drops the first frames until an I-Frame arrives and corrects the height from 1088 to 1080. The benefits of this solution:
- This workaround can be used until Tvheadend or pvr.hts add-on or Omxplayer are corrected.
- You don't need a special version of OpenELEC, Tvheadend etc. Just use your current installation.
- The solution doesn't affect other clients (PC/Laptops etc.) as you only pass your Pi(s) through the proxy

You can download TvhPiProxy here: https://github.com/polini/TvhPiProxy

TvhPiProxy has beta status. My Python-knowledge is very limited, so the script could be optimized perhaps. But it works. I had 100% success rate with the proxy up to now.

I seem to get at syntax error when i try to run the script.

Code:
File "./tvhpiproxy.py", line 65
    except Exception, e:
                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I'm running this version of python on Arch Linux
python-3.3.0-3

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

run it as python2 tvhpiroxpy.py

you are running it with python3 and that won't work.

Messages In This Thread
does live tv work at all????? - by pootler - 2013-02-08, 18:38
RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - by oliv3r - 2013-03-13, 19:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5