Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I'm a little confused by needing to set the content when everything is already in the database. Surely the content must already be set? I'm not sure what it is exactly you're doing, sorry.

Anyway, the problem with bans on TV shows usually occurs if you have a lot of video files that aren't enumerating correctly.
XBMC sees the file(s) in a TV show folder, downloads the episode guide (no need for a search as it already knows which show it is, so no delay there), fails to match the file(s) to any episode(s) in the guide (so again there's no delay caused by fetching individual episode details), and then jumps to the next discovered file(s) in another folder.

If it's a new show, or the episodes are correctly numbered, the delay caused in searching and/or adding episode details is usually sufficient to avoid a ban (unless it's a whole bunch of single episodes and your computer is pretty decent). A full clean scan, adding all new shows is unlikely to trigger a ban, I've rescanned a ~350 title folder numerous times in testing without being banned (...well one time when I'd borked the scraper code).

I'd suggest first taking a look at your folders and tracking down any video files that are not in your library and either removing them, or renaming so they will enumerate correctly. Pretty much anything that is listed on AniDB, such as OPs/EDs, trailers, etc. can be renumbered as specials and added to the library.

The delay parameter will be a part of the 2.0.0 TV show scraper, though.

I may actually post, let's say "release candidate", versions of the 2.0.0 scrapers for downloading and testing soon. Maybe Saturday... Hmm...

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by scudlee - 2013-05-14, 09:35
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8