Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-05-19, 18:44)thebearnecessit Wrote: ok i have a couple questions about moving xbmc data to an external sdcard.

first im presuming that owners of this atv1200 are talking about moving the xbmc data to a proper external sdcard that they have inserted themselves in the external sdcard slot. is that right? reason i ask is because in my android settings it seems to have two storage spaces mentioned. xbmc already puts the userdata folder on the 2nd one but thats no use because its probably too small for most folks after a while as the thumbnails folder gets huge. all correct so far?

ok onto the proper issues. i have heard that xbmc performs faster if you have thumbnails on a fast (class 1) external sdcard. so that's what i want to do. but whats the best way of doing it. from what ive read there are 3 ways so im confused. have you tried any? is it working out ok?

heres the 3 ways i have read about:

METHOD 1 "PATH SUBS": in the xbmc advanced settings file tells xbmc to put thumbnails onto an external sdcard.
METHOD 2 "DIRECTORY BIND": move xbmc onto sdcard by using an app created by a user on XDA developers forum. try searching google or see these two threads: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...p=20668905 & http://www.xbmcandroid.com/forums/jynxbo...on/432.htm
METHOD 3 "TRICK ANDROID INTO USING YOU EXTERNAL SDCARD. ANDROID STILL THINKS ITS USING THE INTERNAL ONE": this involves copying everything from the internal sdcard and then using script manager to run a script on boot that tricks android into using the external sdcard http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2078603

what do you good folks think is the best way?

I also would be interested in input on this..
As far as I can see, due to the fact that a lot of GS3 owners are using DB on their phones to shift game data.. Then you have assume that there is no decrease in speeds then if it was on the internal memory.. Not a gamer myself so haven't verified this..
So running with this theory as we know gamers would be first to complain thus I opted for DB to manage the swoop out to external sdcard.
But then taking it further as on the Asus TF101`s that where 16g internal. There where scripts running round that where swooping out to 32g sdcards and treating the sdcard as internal memory..

Going off topic a little, this is why I am a little peeved that geniatech has not released source on the Kernels, as if they did then we could have talented people actually fixing these short comings.. In fact I am more then willing to pay for a 16g version of this box so that I am not worried about basic loading of programs. I have contacted them directly myself as I live in China and have had my Chinese staff ring..but at this stage they are still willing to cut off their nose on this issue..

That's why personally I am heading towards a HTPC as a main box and leave these little suckers as bedroom play toys..

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by dgcruzing - 2013-05-20, 15:09
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17