[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
(2013-05-24, 07:06)NewYears1978 Wrote: Does pssuspend actually CLOSE XBMC or just suspend it? I thought it was closing it but apparently it isn't and thus I get the video error still..Id rather not disable GUI sounds.. Getting the Video error now even with GUI sounds off...

It doesn't kill the process, it just doesn't allow the process to use resources.

To kill the process, use taskkill (in place of pssuspend

taskkill /f /im XBMC.exe

However, if you do that, in order to start XBMC.exe again, you will need to CD to the XBMC directory (where XBMC.exe is) to start is. So instead of using pssuspend -r XBMC.exe, you would use

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC"
XBMC.exe -fs

One thing is, I haven't tried to actually kill XBMC instead of suspend it. I will try in a few minutes before I head off to the gym, though

EDIT: It works well enough. There is a slightly longer delay for me for starting up Windows Media Center and closing out of it to get back into XBMC, but it works. You can try to see if it still gives you a video error.

If it does give you a video error still (highly doubtful), you can put in a delay using PING, just after you close XBMC.exe, put

PING -n 6 127.0.0.1>nul

This will add a 5 second delay to WMC opening up (not 6 seconds). Adjust that number for one that you believe fits.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration - by Mankix - 2013-05-24, 17:18
MCENetflix Experience - by RobbieWilkes - 2013-07-14, 21:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1