XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
(2013-07-16, 14:57)bzellinger Wrote: Had to sign up just for saying thanks for this. Are there any plans that allows a user to seek somewhere in the video without having to buffer the whole thing first? Right now I'm able to do that in VLC by simply pasting a URL from a video in a web directory.

Thanks! The streaming from this app works the same as if you'd open a link to a video file in VLC, so seeking should work just fine. Are you having issues with it? I know for a fact that AVI files can be trouble-some (lots of video corruption unless you happen to skip directly to a key frame).

(2013-07-16, 17:42)Ommand Wrote: Any plans for transcoding?

I don't think so, it is outside the scope of this project. Transcoding can't be done in PHP so the application would need additional components, which is not exactly something I had in mind.

@zag: any luck getting it to work on IIS (see my reply to your earlier post)? I added a proper guide for installing the whole thing using XAMPP, you may want to try that out since you'll have to edit the main configuration file in order to get the thing working on non-Apache web servers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [BETA] XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by negge - 2013-07-16, 22:42
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9