Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2013-08-11, 20:42)Zeddd Wrote: The built-in os.path functions will return creation and modification times.

os.path.getmtime(path) #modification time
os.path.getctime(path) #creation time
os.path.getatime(path) #time of last access

I've partially implemented this on my local machine. So far it's working well but still have a long way to go for full implementation.

These functions will return the times of locally stored files and directories.
What is with files stored on a NAS and directories which aren't mounted locally (Linux, MacOS) or accessed with a drive character (Windows)?

One big change of MyPicsDB was to support xbmcvfs module. Your're able to use remote sources with smb, nfs, zeroconf etc which is not nativly supported by Python file functions.

(2013-08-11, 20:42)Zeddd Wrote: If you dont mind, i have another feature request.

Please add strPath and ftype as tags. You're currently excluding both tags in the mypicsdb.py tags_insert function. I can only speak for myself but I have to believe there are many others out there that find tagging pictures to be a painful exercise and instead store my pictures based on folder hierarchy.

For example:
Pictures\
Pictures\destinations\
Pictures\destinations\Argentina\
Pictures\destinations\Argentina\Buenos Aires
Pictures\destinations\Argentina\Iguazu
Pictures\destinations\Europe\

The Browse by Folder selection is meant to address this but is limited by only being able to view one folder at a time, and more importantly, it cannot be used in combination with the Filter Wizard. By adding the strPath tag you'd allow us to search by multiple path locations in addition to other tags as well.

Similarly the ftype tag would allow us to include/exclude movie/picture items from our searches. Both tags would grant us a lot more flexibility in our filter wizard searches.

Really great work by the way. IMO MyPicsDB is arguably the single most useful addon for XBMC and really should be included in xbmc core as the default interface for viewing pictures.

I'll look on it.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix

Messages In This Thread
Beta Testers needed - by Xycl - 2012-11-06, 12:14
RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - by Xycl - 2013-08-12, 09:23
Filter / TAG Question ? - by knutklo - 2015-04-07, 16:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1