Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
(2014-02-04, 19:50)cosmic Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 08:59)MDDSD Wrote: There seems to be a problem with playing content via the addon.
Unfortunately this problem seems to be on the Viaplay side, so I'm not able to fix this.
I've been doing some research and I'm sorry to say that it's not looking so good.

One solution is to go back to have a separate application on Windows which will handle login and automatic playback.

That's very unfortunate. I started with XBMC (and this add-on) only a few days ago, and as a matter of fact, I never succeeded to get it working. First I tried with Raspberry, before I saw Linux was not supported due to Silverlight. Then I installed XBMC in Windows, but no luck. One thing: Which version of IE is required for the login procedure? I have the latest (IE 8) which is compatible with Win XP. Otherwise, my default browser is Firefox.

Can you please explain what you mean with "One solution is to go back to have a separate application on Windows which will handle login and automatic playback". What does this involve? A lot of work? Something users can do themselves?

My only remaining solution for watching the OS hockey was my Android phone connected via a HDMI adapter to the TV. It works.

The last couple of days I've been trying out a few different solutions unfortunately none which are working to my satisfaction.
It seems that Viaplay has made a few changes (the last couple of days) that makes the automatic login and playback non-functional.

Before I rewrote the addon (due to Viaplay changing their website) I had a Windows application that handled the web-playback by automatically login in and starting the playback.
But since one of Viaplays features when they introduced the new website was automatic login I saw an opportunity to not have to rewrite the application to handle the new website.

The idea is to rewrite the application so that at least all Windows users still can use the addon. On other platforms such as Mac OS/X and Ubuntu it will be as before, which means
that the addon will start the web browser with the url to the specific movie or episode and you would need to login to the website (if that does not work) and manually start the playback.
This solution both for Windows and the other platforms would be temporary until I can figure out a better solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay (Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Finland) - by MDDSD - 2014-02-04, 21:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9