Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
(2014-02-04, 23:30)cosmic Wrote: Thanks for reply.
Bear with me when having some newbie questions - XBMC is very new to me:
* Today the add-on is not functioning *at all* with Viaplay content, right? Not even with their OS material (which is not using Silverlight, bit Flash). Ot is there *any* manual workaround?
* Is (will be...) Internet Explorer essential to use for the Viaplay add-on to work? If so, is version 8 enough? (The highest version possible in Win XP).
* I know the add-on is supported on Raspberry due to Silverlight restrictions. But should *Flash based* content on Viaplay (i.e. OS content) be possible to stream anyway?

Quote:* Today the add-on is not functioning *at all* with Viaplay content, right? Not even with their OS material (which is not using Silverlight, bit Flash). Ot is there *any* manual workaround?
I was not aware that Viaplay is using Flash for it's OS-content, but since the real OS broadcast has not yet begun, I'm not quite sure if Flash will be used on new content as well.

Quote:Is (will be...) Internet Explorer essential to use for the Viaplay add-on to work? If so, is version 8 enough? (The highest version possible in Win XP).
The solution I had in place that was working used Internet Explorer (this because IE has working "kiosk mode" which means full screen), but the temporary solution that I'm working on will use Chrome.
This is because Viaplay has broken the automatic login on IE but it seems to be working with Chrome.

Quote:* I know the add-on is supported on Raspberry due to Silverlight restrictions. But should *Flash based* content on Viaplay (i.e. OS content) be possible to stream anyway?
That's correct the addon is not supported on Raspberry Pi and this is due to Silverlight and also the fact that the playback is handled externally from xbmc (in a webbrowser).
Although there is support for Ubuntu running Pipelight which has proven to work with Silverlight and Viaplay. So you do not need Windows or Mac OS/X to playback Viaplay in a web browser.

Another note on the temporary solution I'm currently working on.
The solution that I have in place right now and are testing is working as follows.
When you start the playback Chrome is launched with the url to the Viaplay movie-page or episode-page, in the same instance that Chrome is launched I also launch the MceRemoteHandler script which normally handles
remote control support and handles play/pause and stop. I've also added support for automatic playback and turning Chrome into full screen. But this is only supported on Windows.

On the other platforms you will need to manually start the playback and turn it into full screen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay (Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Finland) - by MDDSD - 2014-02-05, 08:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9