Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Hi,

I have gone from Ember to TinyMediaManager and so far it looks like a good fit. This is what I like :

1. Really fast!
  2. Downloads all meta data without going through the process of choosing what fan art and posters to use
  3. Easy to fetch metadata based on a specific language
  4. Did I say fast?
  5. Nice layout of the lists
  6. Flexible settings
  7. And so on

I do however have some suggestions :

1. Be able to remove selected movie/series/episods from database and filesystem in one click (with a confirmation dialog), should not have to be that advanced.
    yes, already in development Smile
    --
  2. Be able to open the the physical location(on disk) of the selected movie/series/episode (right click menu)
    yes, already in development. Currently you could click a link on the movie information panel.
    --
  3. Remove menu choises that are inlogical for the current row. Example Search & Scrape selected TV Show(s) when the menu is on a episode row
    this is a little bit tricky to do, since the menu is global and does not know that we are on a episode or season
    --
  4. Remove ? menu and place all about you under a About dropdown.
    noted.
    --
  5. Remove menu tinyMediaManager, it says nothing about the content and a exist button are already existing on the windows
    we already movied the "settings" there, and another menu option. I guess, this stays in for now.
    --
  6. When I have added new media(movies/episodes/series) and do a datasource update it is not clear exacly what movies/episodes/series that have been added? I have to look for it my self and if its a lot of episodes for different series I can easly miss some. A suggestions would be a extra tab (New Media(35)) the tab could simple be invisiable when there is 0 media waiting for metadata.
    All new files are marked in green (until restart). And you could use the filter for filtering the new items
    --
  7. Option to automatic fetch metadata for new episodes if we already have metadata for the series. I know that it could fetch wrong meta some times if the episode do not have correct format but this happens (me) rarely. Maybe a list of automatic media that have been automatic fetched could be pressented so it would be easy to see if it is correct.
    have to think about that
    --
  8. When a row(movie/series/episode) is selected I should be able to hit a letter so the sellection jumps to the first row(movie/series/episode) with that letter (as all lists works in other programs)
    Hotkey support is still planned. Noted.
    --
  9. One click to refresh datasource for all media(movies/series), now it seemse like I have to switch between TV shows and Movies and run update datasource on both manually.
    Sounds reasonable. Noted.
    --
  10. The search works fine but I suspect that in some cases it can be hard to find the correct movie/series to map and in these cases it would be great to just set the ID direcly for example : tt1232829 for 21 Jump Street
    You can enter the IDs into the searchbox. This works for movies, but I'm not sure if this works for the TvDB. TBC.
    --
  11. The tab system should be horizontal, why? its easier to read, easier to manuver and finally Microsoft seems to have horizontal in all there menus (yes I know that this software is not just for Windows)
    GUI redesign already in place. Takes some time, though.
    --
  12. A easy and fast way to set wathced on movie/series/episode maby a command like Shift + W
    Hotkeys already on to-do list Smile
    --

Hehe yes I know that it is a lot of work, I am a developer my self so I know Wink And I understand If you dont feel that some of the suggestions would fit in, its after all your application and you do what you want with it. Im only suggestion how the it could be even better. Me, tkaing the time to write this down to you should suggest that I really see big potential in your software Smile

Great Work!

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by snowjim - 2014-02-21, 21:27
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7