XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle?
I've pushed a new version (v1.5.4) of texturecache.py that includes additional logging when calling bin.tvservice showing when it is called and the response received, that should help identify if there is a problem.

(2014-03-06, 22:47)vbat99 Wrote: That'll show you how much I know about Linux. Enough to be dangerous. LOL.

Do ya wanna hold my hand and show me how to add logging to that mytv.sh script (that I pinched from one of your earlier posts)?

Easiest thing to do is add some "echo" commands to your /home/pi/mytv.sh script so that any calls to it are logged to a file (which I've called /tmp/tvservice.log):
Code:
#!/bin/bash

/opt/vr/bin/tvservice $1

case "$1" in
  "--off")       echo "standby 0" | cec-client -s >/dev/null;;
  "--preferred") echo "on 0" | cec-client -s >/dev/null;;
esac
echo "$(date) called with $1 param" >> /tmp/tvservice.log

Now look in /tmp/tvservice.log to see if/when it is called, which I'm pretty sure it will be, hence why I'm not entirely clear on what the actual problem is! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle? - by Milhouse - 2014-03-06, 23:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle?1