XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle?
(2014-03-07, 00:37)vbat99 Wrote: Darn it. And it looked like a Win-Win too.

I'm sure it will be back once more pressing matters are fixed.

(2014-03-07, 00:37)vbat99 Wrote: So alt method will be where we exit XBMC, and on power-on XBMC restarts? So I will have to remove that 10 second delay mentioned Here to have a speedier restart.?

Yes, the alternative method is for rbphdmi to toggle the HDMI status (via @bin.tvservice as outlined previously) but when enabling HDMI it also requires xbmc.bin to be restarted so yes, remove the 10 second delay.

(2014-03-07, 00:37)vbat99 Wrote: So I should wait for a new build without the virtual suspend before commencing.

Whatever you add to the bin.tvservice script for extra CEC control should hopefully work with or without virtual suspend, so carry on.

(2014-03-07, 00:37)vbat99 Wrote: And one last question. What were the problems being reported? or links so I can read up.

(might have to see about building my own xbmc with virtual suspend....(that'll be a learning curve and a half!))

Several issues were reported in the Raspbmc and OpenELEC test threads - inability to power off or reboot, some cases of HDMI switching off while playing back a video, also breaking CEC control.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle? - by Milhouse - 2014-03-07, 00:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Pi: Add TV/monitor Power Save support when idle?1