[RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)
Rainbow 
(2014-03-10, 22:06)KenV99 Wrote: I created a fork: https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.callbacks
This OPTIONALLY allows for individual commands and/or arguments to be enclosed by curly brackets in the settings.xml file.
These will then be parsed and passed when subprocess.call is invoked.
For example for 'wscript c:\test.vbs' at the command line, the xml should have '{wscript}{c:\test.vbs}'.
Or more precisely, using the example from flarc the full line in the xml file would be:
Code:
<setting id="player_pauses" value="{wscript}{C:\sarah\plugins\fred\bin\huelight_high.vbs}" />
I have only tested this in windows and with my limited knowledge of other OS's I'm not sure if the curly brackets are going to cause issues if they are commonly used by the shell/command line.
Let me know if this works and/or causes problems for anyone.

Thanks again to pilluli for the original script/code.

Hello KenV99.

Your method+modified script worked! Big Grin Thanks. Please note that replacing python script + changing settings.xml + restarting xbmc was not enough to make it work. i do not know why, but within xbmc i add to go into add-on configuration and revalidate it by clicking "ok" for the change to be taken into account. Probably a cache somewhere Huh.
Either way, my problem is solved.

Now, for the sake of science Smile, i will test this week-end pilluli's method also.

Thx again.

Messages In This Thread
Great! - by gnorf - 2013-02-27, 22:50
RE: [RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...) - by flarc - 2014-03-14, 18:14
[RELEASE] Pilulli Revisited - by KenV99 - 2014-06-28, 18:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)4