'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source
(2014-04-10, 19:51)Kib Wrote: I don't see customized source, so this is most likely completely legal.

It is a raspberry Pi + XBMC + one of the atv-lookalike skins + Xot UZG.

This student is smart enough not to show a dubious plugin but instead chooses to show 'Uitzending Gemist' in his videos.
Until recently downloading video and sound was legal in the Netherlands as well, this changed yesterday or the day before.

I'd like to 'pick this up' but what exactly do you suggest we do about it? The license allows you to sell products using the software.
I'm actually glad he doesn't use our logo's like some people do.

As far as my knowlegde goes on GPLv2, you're forced to share base and or customization to the system. I know they can sell it, but they still have to give out their source (right?)

(2014-04-10, 20:31)DITisTV Wrote: Hi,

I'm one of the people behind DIT is TV. Basically what we do is sell plug & play Raspberry Pi's. We use OpenELEC as the base of our install.
As far as we know, we follow all guidelines set by OpenELEC + XBMC. If the XBMC team disagrees we would of course like to fix this.

On our productpage we link directly to the GPL license which is posted on our website; http://ditistv.nl/openelec-gpl-licentie/
We also freely distribute the image of our install. All of our images are also freely available on our website.

As far as deleting messages on Facebook; we try to reply to every and all messages. Our apologies your question should have been answered correctly.

We respect and appreciate all the hard work the community puts into XBMC and hopefully we can contribute actively in the future as well. Let us know if we can do or change anything for you.

Happy you guys finally respond to me.

Quote:We also freely distribute the image of our install. All of our images are also freely available on our website.
This isn't the same as publishing source for me to customize or redistribute. I can change the content of the image, but would I be allowed to share this? It would help if we got a GPL guru to help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source - by Plebian - 2014-04-11, 09:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source2