[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hi again,

Thanks for taking the time to answer to all of us. Here is a more detailed post. Well first - and this indeed should have been done first but I was a bit in a hurry when I first posted - thank you for this great plugin. I am really grateful for the time you've taken to code this for us.

I am currently using XBMC 13.0-BETA 3 (built on Mar 28 2014) with netflixbmc 1.2.8. And this is how things work on my side.

Okay so to answer your questions, yes I do have enabled "Remote/web control", but have disabled the control utility since things would repeatedly go wrong when I exited chrome - XBMC would remain minimized and the control utility would bring up incessantly the "Shutdown windows" dialog (probably because it pushed ALT-F4) - and when I right-clicked it brought the configuration window.

I have tried with/without control utility and true/windowed fullscreen and those are my results :

True fullscreen without control utility
  • XBMC remains minimized when I exit netflix
  • I have an error message saying "Remote share - could not connect to network server" when I get back to XBMC
  • Pausing, volume doesn't work through Yatse - only exiting via the "Info" button works
  • Mouse doesn't get hidden

True fullscreen with control utility enabled
  • XBMC still remains minimized
  • I still have the "Remote share.." error message
  • Controls from Yatse all seem to be working but lag somewhat
  • Mouse gets hidden correctly

Windowed fullscreen without control utility
  • Focus returns correctly to a fullscreen XBMC when exiting netflix
  • I still have the "Remote share.." error message
  • Only exiting via the info button works via Yatse (no volume, etc.)
  • Mouse doesn't get hidden
  • Video lags somewhat (enough to bother me)

Windowed fullscreen with control utility enabled
  • Again returns correctly to fullscreen XBMC
  • Still have the "Remote share" error message
  • Controls all work but still lag a bit
  • Mouse gets hidden
  • Video still lags

One thing about the "video lagging" thing : it's quite weird that the very same Chrome, when started by XBMC (windowed fullscreen mode here), lags in netflix. I just did test it again in Chrome by manually executing Chrome myself and netflix doesn't lag at all. And it is *also* weird that I can watch full HD movies in windowed fullscreen without the movie lagging at all. That puzzles me quite a lot..

So basically, here are my conclusions :
  • I don't care about the "Remote share.." error message. I had just included it FYI.
  • Controls lagging a bit is annoying at most, but I can deal with it also. As long as they work (with control utility) that's what's most important.
  • Mouse also gets hidden properly with the control utility.
  • So it basically breaks down to this : either I have to find why Chrome lags when started by your plugin (in windowed fullscreen), or how to exit more gracefully netflix (in true fullscreen) without XBMC remaining minimized and the control utility going crazy. XBMC remaining minimized is annoying because I have to fetch and turn on the mouse each time it happens, but what is *more* annoying is that (and I was almost forgetting this) XBMC just hangs completely sometimes when the plugin exits. Sometimes the window stays black, sometimes there's something on the screen but XBMC doesn't respond to controls and its process (and the plugin's) has to be killed with task manager and restarted for it to work correctly.

Sorry for the long post. I just thought the more info you had, the better.

And thanks again for the plugin - and the support!

Alex

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by tb87 - 2014-06-05, 20:05
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7