[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2014-07-24, 19:40)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: I agree that this patch should be treated as some proof of concept. However I disagree dual audio (or in generic - multiple audio output) can be some sort of addon.

In my opinion combining sinks for multiple simultaneous audio output is too low level for being a plugin. Shouldn't it rather be handled directly within XMBC core, generally creating one master sink and every audio device which will be activated/configured by the user will be a slave of this master sink? In that way configuration of audio output can easily be configured in a generic way and code duplication is kept in limits.

... and yes I know, playing 'think tank' is one hand, implementing those ideas another ;-) ...

Kindof depends on how low level our addon api is though Smile We have audio codecs as addons now, this is about as low level Smile

Anyhow, if it would use a composite pattern it might even be valid to have in core I'd say, as the impact would be localized to a few files (just the dual audio sink).
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Messages In This Thread
Thank you! - by OCDHD - 2014-06-26, 03:56
Works great! Thank you! - by britishopen93 - 2014-07-18, 12:43
RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - by topfs2 - 2014-07-25, 07:42
RPi Openelec.. how to.. - by kramegna - 2014-12-03, 17:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9