Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-08-23, 03:32)enen92 Wrote: v1.0.3 (23/8/2014)
-Updated acestreamengine in windows (2.2.10)
-Updated acestreamengine apk in android (2.2.10)

Important notes:

According to forum.torrentstream.org a few crucial bugs were found on the previous version of the acestreamengine and they updated the engine...again. However (and again), it seems that all acestreams now require this new version to be played. So the current status:

-Windows -> Please repeat the configuration to get the new engine otherwise you won't be able to play acestreams using the addon
-Android -> Please repeat the configuration to get the new apk. Uninstall the previous version of the acestreamengine.apk and install the current one (2.2.10) - otherwise you won't be able to play any acestream using the addon.
- Linux -> There aren't new version at this time compatible with the new protocol. According to their forum they should be out in the next couple days. I'll update them once they are available, so at the moment acestreams are "broken".
- Linux armv and Mac OsX -> Acestreams are still broken as there aren't any official releases of the acestreamengine for these platforms.

I know this is not the best way to provide updates and the addon configuration should be more modular to allow the update of the engines/modules if something changes. However, I was not expecting this big ammount of changes in such a little time frame.

In the next update everyone will be forced to re-do the configuration for a better control of the updates to be achieved. The version info will be stored in the userdata and will be used to compare with the versions stored in the googlecode repository. Something that should have been done from the beginning.
So I can stop looking for!
Could you please notify us when it will be available on linux?
Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - by ticoli - 2014-08-23, 14:19
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14