Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-08-31, 06:45)Jayphen Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 19:42)enen92 Wrote: Jayphen, confirmed the problem, will fix it next version. Thanks for reporting

Great, glad I could help.

I do have a quick question — I've just bought an Intel NUC (64-bit) and was planning on using XBMC on that instead of my current setup (Ubuntu). I was thinking of running OpenELEC. Your add-on is pretty much required for me (I watch a lot of football) … would you recommend not using OpenELEC if I want the best experience? If so, what OS would you recommend?

The addon bundles sopcast and acestreams, both are really different. Unfortunately there isn't a top operating system for both at the same time.
Sopcast works a little better on linux, mostly because of xbmc being more stable on linux. However acestream, as it is a russian/ukranian technology and 90%+ of users there ran windows it runs a bit better on windows and also receives much more updates on windows than on Linux/android.
It still works fine under linux as well but it's not their priority.
If I had spare money to spend on a proper htpc (my main htpc is a raspberry pi) I would probably go for xbmcbuntu at first for convenience. Openelec is fine as well (despite the addon being broken atm) but it's a bit too closed for my needs. If I had a powerfull machine I would go for a full linux distro in which I could easily install (without trouble) a lot of external tools.
However, for the pi (due to its hardware limitations) I use openelec.

The problem with openelec for me is development. Since they discontinued the virtual builds it's almost impossible for me to develop and test the addon at the same time in openelec. I just have one computer.
By the way, if someone has a backup of an openelec vmdk file (even really old versions) It would be really helpfull.

Messages In This Thread
RE: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for XBMC/Kodi - by enen92 - 2014-08-31, 15:52
How to enter Sopcast link? - by qknet - 2014-11-21, 12:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14