[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-09-24, 01:48)edrikk Wrote: Two questions:
1). Are you the same jyavenard of Tomato fame? If so kudos on your contributions to an awesome project.
yes.
thank you.

Quote:2). Are you allowed to post the document online, or even the feature bit meanings? In the iOS7 issue thread we spent weeks going through different feature bitmasks, but at a certain point we found that the docs on the Net are sorely outdated. Even if you could PM Memphiz it would be great...
no.. It's under NDA, and I made sure I used no information contained in the made for ipod program made its way in my work related to MythTV (I am the maintainer of the AirPlay code there

Having said that, some people have figured out most of it right: in particular this one:
http://nto.github.io/AirPlay.html

Quote:3). I read your post to mean that setting FairPlay causes iphone to pickup the source quicker than if it isn't set... Did I misread that? If not, is it known why?

that's 3 questions Smile

no you didn't misread. Reporting FairPlay support fixed all the visibility issues, no need to refresh the bonjour advertisement etc..

If you check, you'll find that programs that do support FairPlay (AirServer and Reflector), didn't experience any issues like XBMC or MythTV did. They are also the program that support screen mirroring (which requires FairPlay)

Last year when iOS 7 broke AirPlay I was convinced that Apple had then enforced FairPlay and there were nothing we could do. You basically had to choose between AirTunes or AirPlay and we wouldn't be able to have both working at the same time.

Luckily Memphis proved me wrong... Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by jyavenard - 2014-09-24, 02:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1